La Pierranne, Villeongue-dels-Monts

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

Damo
Rank 1
Rank 1

La Pierranne, Villeongue-dels-Monts

Post by Damo »

La Pierranne
21 Carrer de la Marinada
66740 Villelongue dels Monts

Phone: 04 68 56 83 01

Cuisine: Belgian, French

This is a very smart looking restaurant but with a relaxed and casual feel. The hosts here, themselves Belgian, are absolutely delightful and make you feel most welcome. We do try our best with our slowly improving French, but if it isn’t great they simply speak in English and happy to continue doing so. There are about six tables outside and we opted for one of these. My partner had a salad starter and we both had a main course and dessert (I had faux fillet, her requin, and both had Dame Blanche afterwards). We were given a bread basket (full of still-warm delicious bread) and appetizers, along with water. Belgian beer for me and red wine for the lady. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meal in the relaxed and friendly environment. There are plenty of parking bays outside the restaurant but on the night we were here it was fairly quiet and not much in the way of traffic outside. It’s situated in a housing development which is odd at first but you soon forget where you are thanks to a small green open space opposite. Signs are situated with directions from the main town centre area. The best bit was when we got the bill and it was less than we’d roughly totted up in our head – great value for good quality food in a most welcoming environment.