La Mensa, Thuir

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

Damo
Rank 1
Rank 1

La Mensa, Thuir

Post by Damo »

La Mensa
7 Boulevard L�on-Jean Gr�gory
66300 Thuir

Phone: 04 68 61 21 80
E-Mail: fr-singapore@orange.fr

Cuisine: Italian, French

This is a small but smart pizzaria I am a repeat customer of. Every time I have visited it has always been quiet, but I have no idea why! Menus are available in several alternative languages such as English and Spanish. On my first visit the waitress didn't know English and my French was still in its infancy, but we've noticed over the years as our French has improved, so has her English! Whilst billed as a Pizzeria, the menu also contains salads, pastas and grilled steak. There is also a selection of wines, spirits and beers on offer. I usually opt for a pizza - the Vesuvio - and they do not disappoint. If one on the menu doesn't take your fancy you can "create your own", or if you just aren't that hungry then you can opt for a half-size pizza with fresh salad. I recommend a splash of the pizza sauce that is free to use on each table. The menu is well detailed, even telling you which ingredients are fresh or from frozen. If you still have some room left (or like me are just gluttonous!) then a range of desserts are on offer to finish the meal off nicely. All are very nice but I tend to go for the chocolate mousse. When it came to l'addition, we were surprised at how little it actually came to for what we ordered, even though they had not missed anything. Good value for the quality of food in such an unassuming and unpretentious place. When we came to leave, an Australian couple had also arrived but apart from them, completely empty. This was a surprise as it is such a lovely little restaurant - especially being a Friday night. The French waitress that served us was very friendly and the atmosphere in the restaurant was still warm, despite the lack of other patrons. There is a large car park in the main square, just a couple of minutes walk away.
Last edited by Damo on Mon 17 Sep 2018 16:16, edited 1 time in total.
peijay
Rank 0
Rank 0

La Mensa, Thuir

Post by peijay »

I fully agree with the comments made. We live in Thuir and think this is a great place to eat various foods, and delicious salads (I am not normally a salad lover).
The waitress is friendly and efficient, and we have got to know the owner/chef who speaks English and makes delicious thin crust pizza.
Am also baffled why it is not more popular as we have never had a bad meal, and it is good value for money.