Tous aus restaurants BOGOF

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

Richard Handley

Tous aus restaurants BOGOF

Post by Richard Handley »

If you enjoy eating out, this looks too good to miss!
"All to the resaurants" is a national promotion where about 1200 restaurants participate that when you order one meal you get an identical meal free. It runs from 18th Sept to 1st Oct this year.
Booking starts at 10am tomorrow (12th Sept) on the web site https://www.tousaurestaurant.com where you can also find more details.
Bon appetit!':lol:'
Last edited by Richard Handley on Tue 12 Sep 2017 11:25, edited 2 times in total.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Am I being dumb, or is there no way of finding out which places within a few kms are actually doing it?
Richard Handley

I am hoping all will be revealed at 10am this morning.....
Richard Handley

It appears that the site has crashed - "Nous sommes victimes de notre succès
Le site sera de nouveau disponible à partir de 14h" - I guess that indicates that the administrators have now gone to lunch! ':?'
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

I used to patronise the promotion run by the FT in the UK towards the end of January (apparently the deadest time of year in the UK restaurant trade). By the time you had bought some wine, and fizzy water, and coffee, they hardly missed the second cover. And I guess it's the same here, which is no reason not to do it.
Richard Handley

I am sure you are right, however, it's a fine excuse for a treat and booking was very easy once the web site was back up.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Richard Handley wrote:I am sure you are right, however, it's a fine excuse for a treat and booking was very easy once the web site was back up.
Exactly. I don't dare look because I have a couple of outstanding bookings (though god knows not ruinous, for lunch, even at full price). I don't think it would be ethical to cancel and rebook.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Am I missing something here?

Their site shows 3 restaurants in the Perpignan with 'special' menus all at inflated prices.

Villa Duflot for example has a standard menu at 33€ but their promotional deal is 59€ . The story is similar with the other 2 restaurants.

If you happen to want to eat their special menu then it might represent a slight saving but it is pretty insulting of them to think that customers are dumb enough to believe they are getting the second meal free.
Anthea & Tim
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Anthea & Tim »

Interestingly last year there were some 15 restaurants in the 66 and neighbouring areas offering the deal, this year only 6. Yet the overall number of participating restaurants across France has increased from 1,200 to 1,400.

Nothing in Argeles, Canet, Narbonne or Ceret this year.
Gus Morris
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Gus Morris »

Somebody somewhere is having a laugh.

Last time I was in the UK the term "bog off" had a very distinct meaning. And it was hardly an invitation to join in !

Gus
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Anthea & Tim wrote: Nothing in Argeles, Canet, Narbonne or Ceret this year.
L'Horizon is in Canet and La Lagune is in St Cyprien
Anthea & Tim
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Anthea & Tim »

Mas d'Huston and L'Almandin are also in St Cyprien
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Anthea & Tim wrote:Mas d'Huston and L'Almandin are also in St Cyprien
They have obviously updated the site as they were not there yesterday.
Owens88
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Owens88 »

Gus
BOGOF has evolved in common parlance

'Buy one get one free'

But SODOFF does not yet mean anything to do with gardening or peat harvesting

Cheers
John :)
John
www.Goodviews.co.uk

Vernet Les Bains and East Midlands
Anthea & Tim
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Anthea & Tim »

Anthea & Tim wrote:
Mas d'Huston and L'Almandin are also in St Cyprien

They have obviously updated the site as they were not there yesterday.
I suspect the Tous au Restaurant website has a "bug" and is not producing consistent searches. Possibly why there are less establishments in 66 than previous years.
Richard Handley

Some feedback: We took up the offer and booked dinner at L'Almanin in St Cyprien.

Compared to the usual menu's de jour at other restaurants we visit, yes, it was expensive, but no harm in a special treat now and again! The offer turned out to be basically their tasting menu, although it was not advertised as such on the Tous au restaurants web site. It was priced the same as on their menu board at the entrance.

We enjoyed 7 courses of creative, tasty and beautifully presented food. The excellent service was friendly with help in English to explain some of the dishes beyond our comprehension.

Aperitifs, three glasses each of sommelier matched wine and coffees bumped to total bill up by about 40% over the offer. Not cheap, but in our view, really good value for a very special dining experience.