In search of a full English breakfast

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

In search of a full English breakfast

Post by Allan »

Every now and then I enjoy eating a full English breakfast in a restaurant outside in the sunshine.

I have read on here and on Facebook about a number of places that supposedly serve them but somehow when you turn up to eat there, they never seem to have them.

I know that I could go to Lloret and find any number of places but nearer home might be better.

Anyone any ideas.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

The Red Bus Café in Spain does a good one I hear. Havent actually had it but it looks good and I love their Sunday roast beef/chicken dinner. Not fine cuisine by any means but a nice pub lunch. There's a new restaurant in Palau which claims to do all day breakfast (Le Harras - on a campsite but new restaurant and really making an effort) but don't know if that's all day French breakfast or English :-)
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Kate wrote:The Red Bus Café in Spain does a good one I hear. Havent actually had it but it looks good and I love their Sunday roast beef/chicken dinner. Not fine cuisine by any means but a nice pub lunch. There's a new restaurant in Palau which claims to do all day breakfast (Le Harras - on a campsite but new restaurant and really making an effort) but don't know if that's all day French breakfast or English :-)
It was the Red Bus that provoked my post. I called in there this morning with my daughter on the way back from Girona, at 10h00, no breakfast was available. I’ve tried them before with the same result. The pictures look great on their Facebook page, it’s just a shame that most of their choices never seem to be available.

I’ll have a look at Le Harras
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Noooooooo. Quel bugga. We’ve only been on a Sunday lunchtime but we love it. Took the mother in law expecting her to complain (the meat is certainly not cut off the joint, the Yorkshire puddings are Aunty Bessie...but she loved it. Somehow, it just does the trick. Really surprised about breakfast though.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: In search of a full English breakfast

Post by martyn94 »

Allan wrote:Every now and then I enjoy eating a full English breakfast in a restaurant outside in the sunshine.

I have read on here and on Facebook about a number of places that supposedly serve them but somehow when you turn up to eat there, they never seem to have them.

I know that I could go to Lloret and find any number of places but nearer home might be better.

Anyone any ideas.
My father used to drive a lot for work and sometimes took me with him in the school holidays. He was a connoisseur of transport cafes (remember them?) and I can recall some excellent breakfasts, but not much sunshine, and not restaurants, and never outside. I remember one on the Cat and Fiddle pass where your breakfast would have lasted a week (snowed in) if you had called by a fortnight earlier.

And the tranny at Scotch Corner where the waitress had a very short skirt and thighs like tree-trunks. I was at an impressionable age.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Allan you can have and English breakfast in La Noisette at Argeles, opposite the church in the village not the beach.
Dylan