Lunch and dinner around Prades and Vernet

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Lunch and dinner around Prades and Vernet

Post by martyn94 »

We will soon be going (again) to some chamber music concerts at the Casals festival, mostly at St Michel de Cuxa..Recommendations, please. Nothing too protracted in the evening: from memory the gigs start at 2030, and finish too late to eat later.

The festival is quite good too.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Le Square in Ille sur Tet is very good, or certainly was last year. It does those plats combinés if you're in a hurry. Shady terrace, friendly service.
ave Pasteur in Ille sur Tet
Have a lovely day.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Kate wrote:Le Square in Ille sur Tet is very good, or certainly was last year.
I second that, or for a more gourmet experience there is Saveurs des Orgues at the other end of the town.

Russell
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Many thanks.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Le Cortal in Vernet. Méridienne in Prades. Both run by Brits.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Santiago wrote:Le Cortal in Vernet. Méridienne in Prades. Both run by Brits.
I hope they both stock your gear: I might at last get to taste it. After spending the day smoking Captain Full Strength, and gargling with Old Spice.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

I didn’t get to Le Cortal, having not read their website I found them booked solid.

But I can’t say I regret it, given the menus I read on their website. They are obviously keen foodies (with “une certaine idéeâ€￾ of French food, as De Gaulle might have said). But there was nothing crying out to be eaten, and a lot to avoid, on a warm evening in August. Nice in April or October, but why would I go to Vernet then?

In the event, I had two bad dinners in Prades (for the sake of our company, who introduced us to the Casals festival, and has always gone there) and a mediocre lunch in Vernet, but with the bonus of seeing the returning runners in the “round-the-Canigouâ€￾ race.

And a very decent Indian dinner (of all things) in Vernet at Les Jardins de Jasmin. But be warned: the dishes are absurdly copious, so order accordingly.