Where to get a flat white coffee?

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

robert.white
Rank 0
Rank 0

Where to get a flat white coffee?

Post by robert.white »

Hi all

Where can a genuine flat white coffee in the area?

So far I have only found Coffee Mood in Perpignan does them and does them very well
ShaneR
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Where to get a flat white coffee?

Post by ShaneR »

I usually find coffee in France pretty poor and quite expensive. My wife and I normally go to Figueres to get a good coffee. However, there is a coffee bar in the Auchan shopping centre, far end near the pharmacy, I don't recall the full name, so Catalan something. They do roast the coffee beans on site and do some damn good coffee.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

From Facebook

We're coffee afficionados. The best places for a Flat White in the P-O are Josephine's in Thuir, Cafetiere Catalane at the Auchan Mall, Marabouthe in Perpignan and I have heard that there is an Aussie café in Collioure maybe it is OMVIO.
robert.white
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by robert.white »

Kate and Shane

Thank you for your replies. In addition to the excellent flat whites at Coffee Mood in Perpignan I can confirm the following:

Cafetiere Catalane at Auchan does do flat whites, they are even on the menu but a larger volume than what we expect in NZ. They also have the advantage of decaf flat whites.

L'Albera cafe at Gran Jonquera makes flat whites but they called it a coffee with milk!

The owner (Lukas) at OMVIO Collioure was unable to make a successful flat white. Once I showed him a photo he said he cannot do that. I suspect his daughter's son (Sergio) who is back from Australia in May can or does.

I now always show a picture on my phone to ensure they know what a flat white looks like.

I'll try Josephine's when she opens again on March 18

I'l update the list as I find more
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

More from Facebook

I can confirm Coffee Mood in central Perpignan does excellent and genuine flat whites. L'Albera cafe at Gran Jonquera shopping mall also makes flat whites but they called it a coffee with milk!