Sergio's, Argeles Plage Nord

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

susie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Sergio's, Argeles Plage Nord

Post by susie »

A new little find for us this year has been 'Sergio's' in Argeles Plage Nord.

It's off the tourist track and is hidden away in the Costa Blanca shopping/restaurant complex at the north end of the beach. It's a bit difficult to find as it's at the back of the car park facing the pine trees in Allee des Ecureuils or Squirrel Street.

A small restuarant/cave a vin/bar, owned and run by Sergio who also does the cooking, maitre d'ing, bar tending and general jovial hosting. He's had a restaurant in Geneva for several years so the food is good quality French-Suisse: meats, fondues, steaks, seafood (the gambas is good), special of the day and 'cheap and cheerful' off the blackboard which includes decent spag bol and seafood lasagne.

Went down a treat with a friend of mine who is vegetarian and was pleased to find choices which were more than a plate of veggies. (She had a pesto/garlic bolognese).

Nice thing about it is that as it's off the beaten track it tends to attract a mix of 'local' locals and 'Brit' locals in a relaxed atmosphere and it's as good for having a quick cold beer straight from the beach or a three course dinner.

Also he plans to keep open all year.
Last edited by susie on Sun 19 Jul 2009 10:43, edited 1 time in total.
Susie
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Susie
I haven't seen Sergio's yet but give me more information. Tell me, in relationship, to Escale de Asia, or Tramontaine, or the Pot Chic disco. Those three places are along this parking area.

Give me a bit more-I want to try this soon.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Sav
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sav »

This might help Blackduff ;)

http://www.aurestaurant.com/restaurant/ ... /id/172766

Cheers Sav :)
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

hmmmm. click on 'plan d'acces' - nothing. click on 'avis' - no-one left an opinion yet. Have I missed something?
Sav
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sav »

Not much info agreed :!:
The phone number might work :roll:

Cheers Sav :)
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

I found Sergio's restaurant. It's right next to the Escale de Asie. In fact it's within spitting distance.

Since I eat twice per month with the Asian restaurant, I probably cannot have a meal nextdoor. Maybe some night that the Asian restaurant isn't open, I'll try Sergio's place.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Webdoc
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Webdoc »

Who, may I ask, is the proprietor of said restaurant?

Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

Must be Serge!!
I deal in Logic!
"Magic" is applied science far in advance of our current technology.
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

Covers blown Serge, you had better move sheds!
susie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by susie »

Blackduff, yes that's it. (no not the Mexican one). It is tucked away on that supermarket>Chinese restaurant run.

In fact, that whole area is doing very well for restaurants cafes now.

The Escale d'Asia - popular all year round Asian food, friendly atmosphere, combination of Chinese, Thai and Asian. The 'sizzlers' are good and the salads are huge.

Tramatone - most 'up-market' restaurant on the bloc. Well-established. Had the cod with alioli recently which was delicious. Nice sunny place for an afternoon drink too.

Sergios - French-Suisse. Not very busy yet but I think that's mainly because few people know it's there.

L'escrueil - Panini/pizza bar. Cheap and cheerful, good size portions.

The 'other one with the plastic parrots on the table' - don't know that one, never eaten there. Next to the supermarket.

Two take away pizzas places (think you can eat in too - or actually eat at the tables outside).

The tapas bar (next to the newsagents) - closed and a bit run down now.

In fact, it's turning into a proper little food mall.
Susie