Can Vicens, St Jean Pla des Corts

Scan the list of restaurants reviewed by members, post new reviews, discuss food topics, post your favourite recipe.....

Moderator: Moderators

Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Can Vicens, St Jean Pla des Corts

Post by Santiago »

This is a newish wine and tapas bar that opened in January. It's one of those "just what we've been looking for" places. A tastefully renovated cellar (all exposed stone and barrel vaulted ceilings) in the old village of St Jean.

They have a small but sufficiently varied tapas menu. The dishes are made from the best available ingredients and lovingly presented. The Serrano ham was the finest I've tasted.

The wine list is very good and the draught beer is an excellent Belgian lager.

Lots of our friends have been there and everyone, without exception, has been well impressed. The only complaint was that they played Phil Collins (but the French love Phil).

So if you are looking for a bar with great ambience, nice tapas and quality drinks, this is the place.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

I like Phil Collins!!!
I deal in Logic!
"Magic" is applied science far in advance of our current technology.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

I like tapas....I like Phil Collins too... but I can't dance, I can't talk, the only thing about me is the way I walk...
hamyat
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hamyat »

Hi, I can second this recommendation,. We went at Easter to try it out and were so impressed that we returned in order to sample the whole of the tapas menu and we are gradually working our way through their wine list !
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Just been to Can Vincens. People lovely - really friendly. Wine at very reasonable prices per glass or per bottle and the interior is immaculate and attractive - very 'wine bar'. Didn't try the tapas but will definitely go back as it all looked very nice, with great atmosphere.
A perfect autumn apero place as the outside bit aint great but the interior is a great place to spend a cool evening.
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

sue and paul wrote:I like tapas....I like Phil Collins too... but I can't dance, I can't talk, the only thing about me is the way I walk...
Not sure if that was Sue or Paul.
However, I have seen both of you walk and, to be honest, there was nothing memorable.
Sorry.
Must get together soon by the way!
Tempus fugit and all that.