Cost of crepi

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

cufc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Cost of crepi

Post by cufc »

Does anyone know what artisans charge per sq metre for crepi work please?
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

my son looked into this recently and was told 15 euros per square metre ( not including tax)
interiors66
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by interiors66 »

Interior?exterior?
For a standard finish on exterior I would expect to pay 35euro p m2 plus TVa at 19.6% or 7% . Location and access could also change the price.
cufc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by cufc »

Exterior. walls around the pool terrace which are 1.10m high.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

The 6 owners of apartments where we live have all clubbed together to have a large wall built. One of the other owners is going to hire a machine and do it himself!
Dylan
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

if you don't put crepi on your house what do you put on? All the houses around me have crepi you can't just paint it can you?
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Depends on what the walls are made of. A lot of new housing is made from breeze block and crepi is the cheapest and quickest method of covering up the ugliness of the walls and sealing them against rain. I don't particularly like the look of crepi and think that as it starts to deteriorate, a lot of the Languedoc-Roussillon will start to look like those run-down council estates that were knocked up in the 60s and 70s.

There are different forms of crepi too. Some of the smoother ones, when used in a mixture of attractive, more natural colours than the ubiquitous coral pink, can look quite stylish.

If your house is made of stone you can either repair and paint the render or take it back to the stone. However, taking it back to stone is not cheap at all.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29