Where can you buy Pimms?

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Where can you buy Pimms?

Post by Allan »

Our french friends have drunk all our Pimms, anyone know where we can buy some more.

Summer's here and there's nothing nicer than a cold jug of Pimms with fresh fruit and mint.

Any help will be appreciated
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Le Perthus and La Bonqera
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

I think that Malcolm's Epicerie had this before. Not sure now with the service he's doing now but it's worth a check.

Here was one of his emails.

http://ca.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/dc/launch? ... u3l05v6akq

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

blackduff wrote:I think that Malcolm's Epicerie had this before. Not sure now with the service he's doing now but it's worth a check.

Here was one of his emails.

http://ca.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/dc/launch? ... u3l05v6akq

Blackduff
Hi Thanks

I have heard from Malcolm and he can get it.

I can't read the email as it requires your yahoo logon
GT
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by GT »

Carrefour, have it on the rayons. So did V&B 22, rue Michel CARRE
66330 CABESTANY.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

You should experiment with Byrrh and Rivesaltes and such like. I reckon you could make a very similar drink.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Santiago wrote:You should experiment with Byrrh and Rivesaltes and such like. I reckon you could make a very similar drink.
Blimey! And you make wine for a living!

Byrrh is simply disgusting, it tastes like cough mixture. Originally devised as a tonic until they discovered it had no medicinal purposes. As for Rivesaltes - sickly sweet, fine with fois gras or a dessert but as an aperitif? Nah!
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Allan wrote:Byrrh is simply disgusting, it tastes like cough mixture. Originally devised as a tonic until they discovered it had no medicinal purposes.
All a matter of taste - I prefer Byrrh to these gin based products. Byrrh is a blend of red wine, alcahol, spices and quinine so I guess it would have some medicinal benefit in malarial areas, just like the tonic you put in your mother's ruin.

Russell;
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Pimms and Byrrh are quite similar in their ingredient list. I'm not a massive fan of any of these herbal-infusion drinks.

That's why I make wine! The fruit of the vine, pure and simple.

But it's worth experimenting with some of these local drinks and trying them with lemonade or tonic. That's how cocktails develop anyway - experimenting with concoctions.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Santiago wrote:Pimms and Byrrh are quite similar in their ingredient list. I'm not a massive fan of any of these herbal-infusion drinks.

That's why I make wine! The fruit of the vine, pure and simple.

But it's worth experimenting with some of these local drinks and trying them with lemonade or tonic. That's how cocktails develop anyway - experimenting with concoctions.
I think you have been mixing your drinks, the ingredients of Pimms bear no relationship to Byrrh.

As for experimenting, Pimms has been the quintessential British summer drink for over a hundred years, I doubt that I am going to come up with anything better and certainly not by experimenting with something that tastes like cough mixture.

I'll stick to what I know and love.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Well, I'm in Leeds at the moment and nobody is sitting outside sipping their Pims on the lawn! It is qbsolutely wazzing down. Such a shame as there are flags everywhere for celebrations and street parties but the streets are deserted. It's also chilly. I'm not particularly a royalist, but nor am I against, and I think a little correctly placed national pride doesnt do any harm and can be a great morale booster for a slightly dog eared nation, so it is sad to see all these preparations going to waste.....and I do hate to see a good knees up spoilt

Sorry Allan, way off topic I know, but Pimms, summer days in England, the Queen....
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

If its any consolation Kate its raining here too!
Dylan
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Yes it is raining, but we are still patriotic, the union Jack is on its pole in the garden and I have thoroughly enjoyed watching the regatta on TV.......I felt so sorry for the opera singers stood in the rain, it has been so long in the planning that one would think they would have expected rain and shelter for them.........either that or it could have been a heatwave :oops:
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
HH

Post by HH »

opas wrote:Yes it is raining, but we are still patriotic, the union Jack is on its pole
The Union Jack, is the pole as you call it, It hold the Union flag.
patriotic, ??

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

HH wrote:
opas wrote:Yes it is raining, but we are still patriotic, the union Jack is on its pole
The Union Jack, is the pole as you call it, It hold the Union flag.
patriotic, ??

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Cobblers!

The official site of the British Monarchy acknowledges the name "Union Jack" as a popular name for the Union Flag.