Breath Analyser Kits ~ Where To Buy Them

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Breath Analyser Kits ~ Where To Buy Them

Post by blackduff »

Within two weeks we need to have these kits in the car, if you want to drive them. I haven't seen anywhere near to Argeles although a friend said that Feu Vert has some available.

Has anyone found a good source for the kits? I expected they would be available everywhere. I have to supply the three cars I own so I'm looking for a bargain.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I have seen them at the checkout of one of the supermarkets. Possibly Carrefour Market, Laroque but cant be sure it was there. I got mine from french ebay because I was fed up asking in the chemist for them!
Dylan
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Sue and Paul posted this when the subject came up previously.

http://www.alcoroute.com/tarifs.php
Dylan
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Click onto local news of this site and Kate has a very detailed article on the subject and in particular where to buy.
Dylan
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

i picked mine up from Eleclerc when they had them on offer a few weeks ago for around 1,25 per test!!!
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

A friend told me that he bought a double kit at Intermarche in St. Andre. The price was 2€, which is good.

The bad news though is that I drove immediately to Intermarche and there wasn't any more in stock.

Tant pis, I'll keep lookiing.

My friend said he found the kits in the auto parts section of Intermarche.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
HH

Post by HH »

Maybe the Alcoholics within the PO all drive!
But they are available at : Feu Vert, Intermarche, Carrefour, Auchan, Leroy Merlin, Leclerc etc

:mrgreen:
pjsing
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pjsing »

Fiat Garage near the Intermarche in Ceret had them on sale last week 1.50 euro
mrob343
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mrob343 »

Just a small addition to this thread..
Although this obligation does come into law with effect as from 01/07/12
There is period of grace which will run until 01/11/12 afterwhich you will face a fine of 11.00 €
During this period if stopped, the police are obliged to forewarn you of this.

Extract from site:
En cas de contrôle routier, le défaut de possession d’un éthylotest est sanctionné par une amende de 11 euros à compter du 1er novembre 2012.

Info:
http://www.service-public.fr/actualites/002384.html
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Intermarche Hyper in Argeles does not have any analysers. Same for the Intermarche Market in Elne-no joy there. I guess it's going to be driving over to Feu Vert

Blackduff
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Good News and Bad News:
My wife found a box of analyers (2 within the box) at Carrefour Market in Laroque. That was the good news.

The bad news is there wasn't anymore. This box of the analyers is located with the gum rack, at the Caisse.

Well, why not there????

The Carrefour people said that they were going to get some more later.

Another item: These analysers have a date to use before~mine was less than two years left. Best to check this , when you buy yours. I'm sure that the police will check when they're seeing if you have some. Geeeez!

Blackduff
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Now Blackduff isnt that where I said I had seen them? I forgot to say they were at the caisse though. Sorry!
Dylan
PD

Post by PD »

opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

I am going to get a bulk order.......for our 3 cars, not because I drink and drive!

They can accompany the dozen or so high viz vests and the array of triangles any AA patrol van would be proud off :lol:
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Daphne »

Gifi are advertising a new arrivalof Ethylotest (quantités illimitées) at 1.99 euros each. Even though the time limit for carrying them has been extended worthwhile having if you are going to have a drink and drive!