Auchan discounts

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

TOM AND BARB
Rank 3
Rank 3

Auchan discounts

Post by TOM AND BARB »

Hello,

Visited Auchan today.

They seem to operate special offers that are linked to an Auchan account.

eg 50 % off but its crediited to an account and unless you have an account you dont qualify for the discount.

Can someone please expalin how this works.

Thanks
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

When I moved to the PO, Auchan used to have good bargains but only for those who owned the card. Of course you could buy the card too. I had a nice neighbor who would let me to use her card, I found this discount was very good.

For some reason, Auchan started using discounts except from various specials. So, I didn't buy the card.

Maybe they're returning to use this card discount. I cannot remember how much that they charged for their card though.

Certain the amount of what's on sale makes this worthwhile. For me, I had built my house so I was spending a lot of money. Probably it will not give me a return for paying the card with a twenty year old house's needs.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

I rarely go to Auchan, but I do have a card. I don't think I paid for it, and you just claim your cagnotte = kitty i.e. your loyalty discount, when you have enough built up. Probably need your ID, ( + mother's maiden name, and 5 generations of ancestors' birth certs as well)
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Auchan runs this fidelity cards too but the previous card was only for certain "Bargains" that had a red tag in the store. The "bargains" were not announced in the newspapers ~ you had to visit the store.

I haven't seen anymore "Red" tags anymore but to a great extent, I don't shop at Auchan.

I do like Auchan's products and prices but it's a bit of a drive to visit the store. Sorede to Auchan is about 21 kilometers each direction.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
monsans
Rank 4
Rank 4

loyalty cards

Post by monsans »

Auchan, Intermarché, and Carrefour all have loyalty cards. Produce the card at check-out, a credit of each offer is then added there and then. The credit then can be used at any time - sometimes there is a cut off point like the end of the year - by telling the cashier that the loyalty credit is to be used for the next new items bought. I use mine for off peak times to stock up on alcohol and other non-essential items!! Sometimes a credit typecard can be issued but it is not essential to have a credit type card just take a loyalty card.