Intermarche, Canohes

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Intermarche, Canohes

Post by opas »

We visited this store yesterday after the vide grenier in the town. All I really needed was a baguette but had received a txt from one of my girls with a request of some beauty product on promo and to inform me we were out of another product.
The store was busy, it was 11.30 on a bank holiday(but this store was open all day)
We arrived at the checkout and unfortunately went to no 1, it seems a practice there that if you are on that caisse , you also serve customers on accuille!
It was my turn, 3 items that a rough calculation would cost me 8.50€ I had a 20.00€ note in my hand and my fidelity card, the hostesse announced 18.27€ and noting my money rang it in the till before I could say she had made a mistake.
she gave me my change and then looked at what she had done, charged me twice for one item , she then gave me a couple more euros out of the drawer. We looked at the change in our hands, said she was still wrong and started to explain what she had done.
She was having none of it, raised her voice as though I was deaf as well as having a foreign accent :roll: and in her own loud impatient way TOLD me she was correct.
As we did not move, and I still had all the loose change she had given me in my hand, we again said that she owed me in total just over 12.00€ I actually had in my hand short of 7€. she snatched my receipt out of my hand ,Off to her calculator again and said SHE was correct (the queue was
growing as impatient as she was)
she then started to move my shopping out of the way and tried to serve the next customer, I held my hand of change out to her and put the receipt down and showed her what I had bought, she recalculated (on her calculator, of course :roll: ) opened her till and threw some change on the checkout. I added it all up and it was finally correct.
She then did serve her next customer, no sorry, have a nice day, nothing.
I have just written a letter to intermarche, I do not expect a favourable response, but I am also doing a duplicate which I shall hand to her personally.
As a lot of forum members will know is that I worked for over 10 years on the checkout and customer service, If I had ever treated a customer like that not only would I have received a warning I think it would be time to look for a new job, or in the case in France a new career.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Surely if she didnt cancel your till receipt and give you a new correct one her till would be out at the end of the day. Obviously aggrieved to be working on a Bank Holiday and being challenged by a " fluent french speaking foreigner"
:lol:
Dylan