shopping outlet, La Jonquera

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

shopping outlet, La Jonquera

Post by opas »

We decided to set off early this morning to visit the new shopping centre.
Being a bank holiday in France we did expect it to be busy , the roads down were quiet and we arrived just after 09.30. The car park was already pretty full, there was an under ground one but we did manage to find one on street level.
I did not see any blue badge parking, but the underground entrance was painted blue, so perhaps there are disabled places down there. If anyone else visits could you update us on this.

The centre itself is set out really well, some food shops intermingled with electrical outlets , some good clothes shops that my girls loved. All along the mall are leather 2 seater sofas , the men seemed to make use of these whilst waiting for their women browsing the clothes stores.
The upper mall has about 3 restaurants, one buffet style, one a very stylish looking pizzeria and I think the latter was a coffee bar.
All along the lines of UK indoor shopping centres but with posh seating......we did joke that if they were in Manchester arndale/Trafford centre they would not live there long :oops: :wink:

We spent about an hour there, not a space to be had on the street level parking , and security on traffic duty as it was chaos.

I will visit again, but I think it will be after the summer visitors leave.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
interiors66
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by interiors66 »

We went this afternoon, it was a bit chaotic. But parking down stairs was easy. A tip for when you are down there , look to the ceiling for spaces , there are red and green lights above every space, red for occupied green for empty . A great idea that makes it very easy to spot a space a distance away .
My shopping experience however wasn't fantastic ,long queues in the shops and even longer for the restaurants. It was what I expected for a holiday .
Best to visit mid week.
tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

New shopping mall

Post by tubs »

It's a woman thing but can anyone give me some names of shops there please? Any well known ones?
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

hopefully this link to the list of shops will work

http://www.granjonquera.com/es/shops
tubs
Rank 4
Rank 4

Shopping outlet

Post by tubs »

Thank you, not sure i know too many of them, but will give it a whirl when the fuss dies down.
John & Elaine
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by John & Elaine »

We went Sunday evening about 19.00 - thought it a disappointment and won't bother again!

Suggest everyone goes and sees for themselves just in case I have (probably!) become a grumpy old f*rt!!

John
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

John & Elaine wrote: just in case I have (probably!) become a grumpy old f*rt!!
Join the club :lol:

Russell.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Sort of along the same theme I have always shopped in Escudero when I am in need of olive oil, balsamic cream, San Miguel, Helmans etc etc, purely because it is easy in easy out. Which supermarkets do others use and for what reason eg parking, price, item availability
Dylan
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

We usually go further down and into figures or Gerona, I cannot stand crowds or having to queue. The only reason we went in there yesterday was curiosity at the actual set up and the clothing stores for the girls.
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I popped to Escudero one day last week. Left home around 7 50am straight through Perthus, parked right outside the door, did my shopping, back through Perthus and home by 9 15 am. Job done.
Dylan
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

We decided to pay a visit again today, the road was quiet even at 10am, when we entered the car park we thought we would see if they had provided any disabled parking since our last visit, and asked a guy in a high vis vest (he could have just been a trucker having a stroll, but he directed us to the underground car park. Lo and behold lots of Disabled parking near the lifts and entrance area.
As we were going up to the escalator, I thought I would just get my bearings of where I had parked the car........all was made easy, there was a machine which looked like an ATM, with a keyboard, on closer inspection it invited me to locate my vehicle; Today it was easy as I can remember the reg of the car( If I had taken the Astra that would be a different tale , cos even after 5 years of ownership I cannot remember the correct order of the first 4 nubers :oops: ) so keyed in and a picture of my car appeared on the screen, then a map showing me just where it was. Impressive.

There are more shops than on our first visit, and must say It was quite enjoyable as far as shopping goes.
Debeneur.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

We went yesterday. Only hold up was getting onto the autoroute at Le Boulou but that was, I think, caused by a lorry with some problem or other. Road after that was good, got off at the 2nd exit, no problems. Plenty of parking and shopping centre not crowded. Like you I noticed quite a few new shops and quite a few sales on. After an indulgent lunch in the Italian Restaurant and the encounter of a load of squealing kids in Escudero I managed to forget everything I wanted to buy on the way back to the car. Oh well an excuse to go again.
Well done Opas for knowing your car registration I know my first 2 letters and nothing after that!
Dylan
patricko
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by patricko »

The outlet shoe shop has nice shoes at great prices. I wasn't impressed about the rest of the shopping center.
lalee
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lalee »

Passed through Jonquera today but wasnt sure if you are all talking about an actual new shopping centre itself or just new shops along the road?
I will sing of your love forever
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Dylan
patricko
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by patricko »

lalee wrote:Passed through Jonquera today but wasnt sure if you are all talking about an actual new shopping centre itself or just new shops along the road?
I went to the NEW shopping centre on my way to restaurant Garbet in Colera.