parcel post

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

parcel post

Post by sue and paul »

When addressing a parcel etc, and you put your 'expéditeur' address on the reverse side, make sure you hatch it through, still leaving it legible. According to the employé at our Poste this should prevent the parcel being delivered back to you, the sender, instead of the addressee on the front, where the stamp is! This happened to me yesterday. Bah!
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

what do you mean 'hatch it through' ?
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Hatching (in this sense) is diagonal lines which criss-cross through something, e.g. those yellow boxes at some UK crossroads that you're not supposed to enter till your exit is clear.

In this case you do it with a pen through the 'expéditeur' address, but leave it legible.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

So you can learn something new every day :D
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

There may be other expressions for this procedure, but at least you have to somehow cross through your expéditeur address while leaving it legible. Probably no-one will ever have a problem even if they don't do this....just me!! :roll:
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

It didnt happen to me but I did write our address very small on the back.
Dylan
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

this happened to my daughter not long ago , but in the uk not france.
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

Not very useful info...but...I always put transparent sellotape over the name & address. You never know when rain may wash away the ink
:idea:

HF