Alsina Firewood?

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Steve&Julie
Rank 4
Rank 4

Alsina Firewood?

Post by Steve&Julie »

I have just been quoted 120E for a ton of 'Alsina and mix" firewood (delivered) from a Catalan supplier, just across the border. I'm trying to estimate out how many steres that would be. Has anyone ever heard of, or even burned it?
Ta.
Steve
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Alsine I think is beech, it burns well in a mix as you are having but it has to be dry.
Ton of wood.....that depends if it is wet or dry! But I would not like to calculate it to stress.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Steve&Julie
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Steve&Julie »

Thanks Opas
We found an alternative but its useful to know for next time!
Cheers
Steve
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Someone answered this question on another forum by weighing a pile of logs. He came up with a stere of beech weighing a bit over half a tonne

http://www.navitron.org.uk/forum/index. ... c=14991.15

Beech is a good firewood but it obviously depends on the 'mix'.

It sounds like he is charging between €65 and €70 a stere which doesn't seem a bad price
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

I normally get beech mixed with oak. The beech burns more easily but the oak burns slower, which gives more warmth.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.