Point Relais for Amazon France

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Point Relais for Amazon France

Post by Smiley G »

I've just ordered some equipment from Amazon France but instead of having to wait in, I've opted to have it delivered at a Point Relais where I can park easily and collect the goods.
Does anyone know what you need to collect, the order confirmation or the despatch confirmation?
I assume I will be able to track it and Livré will appear once La Poste have dropped it at the Point Relais.
Sorry about this but it's the first time I've used a Point Relais :lol:
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I've used point relais several times for different internet outlets and just turn up with my passport. I've never been asked for anything else but keep with me the confirmation of order, just in case.
Dylan
monsans
Rank 4
Rank 4

point relais

Post by monsans »

Usually one is sent an email to say it will arrive at the 'point relais' on such a date, when you collect you give your name and the person checks it out of the register and low and behold they hand you the goods. I have used them both in Argèles. I think once I was asked for identification but I do usually print off the email order form. Good luck.
Pearsonb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pearsonb »

Wish I'd chosen that option. I have bought twenty items from Amazon France over the last six months. Nineteen have arrived on time, by post or by courier. The twentieth is currently back in Lyon because they "cannot find my address". OK, the addresses in Saint Marsal are not in satnavs but I live in Place de l'eglise. How hard can it be to find the church in Saint Marsal?

Pearson
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

I happen to have a notification for something that has just arrived at La Poste. It says that you have to sign for it (by implication with a piece d'identité, though it doesn't quite say so), and can collect for a third party if you show their piece d'identitë and a letter of authorisation. How far they insist on this tends to vary: my name is quite unusual, especially in French, and it is sometimes enough just to say it (and then spell it out).
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I've never had a problem with point relais. I have always received an email to say its there and then I just go with passport, sign and take away. I have used Dyneff Garage towards the beach, the Electrical shop on the same road, Dyneff Garage on Route du Collioure and the Tabac at Elne.
Dylan
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

Thanks to all. It worked a treat, I just took the dispatch confirmation and my passport.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.