curtain material or ready-made

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

John58
Rank 1
Rank 1

curtain material or ready-made

Post by John58 »

we are looking for tips on where to buy reasonably good quality curtain material or ready-made curtains, please!

thanks,

John
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Loads of places to buy ready made John:
Babou, Gifi, Auchun, But, Castorama, Conforama, Leroy Merlin, the larger supermarkets and more too many to mention.
I have been told that curtain material is very expensive here, and something I have never bought as we have blinds and shutters. The only place I know where you can buy it is at Tissu on Port d'Espagne, Perpignan. It is next door to But. You can also buy ready made online from places like La Redoute, M & S and Alinea I am sure there will be others who will have a lot more info than me but I hope that helps a little.
Dylan
Ariègeoise
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ariègeoise »

Mondial Tissus, near But on Avenue d'Espagne is the place that Sue's referring to; there's also Tissus du Sud at Espace Polygone (next to Leclerc Drive). Both good and not too expensive; lots of double-width fabrics which are great for soft furnishings. Especially good in the sales with good reductions - starts Weds 7 January so good timing!

There's a branch of Heytens too on Ave d'Espagne, which is excellent for made to measure curtains.
Mimi
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mimi »

http://www.joelle-tissu.fr/

A fabric store on a back road in Le Boulou.
Their website gives you the location details.
They sell a wide variety of fabrics for different uses, especially for patchwork. Plus haberdashery.