Intermarché loyalty cards

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Intermarché loyalty cards

Post by Kate »

If you have an Intermarche loyalty card, don't forget to cash it in before the end of the month or else you will lose all.
Oxymoron
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Intermarché loyalty cards

Post by Oxymoron »

Kate wrote:If you have an Intermarche loyalty card, don't forget to cash it in before the end of the month or else you will lose all.
What's their system? Are we supposed to have a code or something?
Brolly1
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Daphne »

If you have any credit, they will require identification from you to deduct the amount from your bill.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

I don't think I was asked for ID - but I might have had to put a code in. Can't remember - it's a full week ago! :oops:
Oxymoron
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Oxymoron »

Queried how much I had at the till and had it deducted from my bill. No code or proof of ID. So thank you Kate. What a pity Intermarche do not make sure customers do not lose out on their "loyalty" cards. They have lost what loyalty(not my favourite supermarket) they had with this customer. Customer care would appear to be an oxymoron with this store.
Brolly1
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Am always asked for ID when cashing in points at our local Intermarché. And then have to sign to say I did it. Any points earned in Feb can be carried over into next year. Points earned up to end of Jan have to be cashed in by last day of Feb
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

We used to do a lot of our shopping at Intermarché Céret,and didnt realise that we had to cash in or lose all by the end of February for many years. A couple of years ago we actually lost about 80 euros which they would have taken off our shopping if we had known about it. If they do advertise it anywhere, I've never noticed. This year, thanks to someone's timely reminder on the forum or FB, I rushed to Intermarché Ceret, did a load of shopping I didnt really want, hotfooted it gleefully to the caisse.....what a comedown when they deducted 2,75 off the unwanted 90 euro shop!!

Find the quality of Intermarché Céret to have gone down enormously since the employing of a new, young manager a few years ago. He's probably doing the job well ie making lots of money for Intermarché but quality and service have gone down and prices have gone up.
Pearsonb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pearsonb »

I lost over 100 euros last year because I forgot to ask the cashier at the start of the transaction. When I did ask, she said it was too late.

This year, I have lost much less as I hardly ever go there ;-)

Pearson

PS i agree that the Ceret branch has gone downhill
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

I do most of my shop at Intermarché St André. This is mostly because I can't be faffed to go farther afield (apart from the occasional trip to Figueres market). The staff are helpful at St André, and did remind me that end of Feb was the deadline for claiming loyalty points, so no complaints there. Also, when you shop at your "home" store, ie the one you declared when you got your loyalty card, the amount available in your loyalty stash is written on the till receipt
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Daphne »

I rarely shop at Intermarché but needed a few items today. I asked if I had credit on my card and was informed 56 centimes. I nearly said to forget it but decided to have it deducted to verify whether or not they asked for ID! I offered my key ring card to be told I had to have the full size card and ID!!!!!!!!! It will be very interesting to see how much damage the new Leader Price opening next Wednesday in Thuir will do to them! The old people of Thuir with no transport tend to shop there as it's too far for them to carry shopping from Lidl, but Leader Price will be the same distance for them!!
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Agree Daphne, 4 supermarkets within a kilometer( 2 of them intermarche) with a population of about 7500. And this Leaderprice looks enormous.

I bet the intermarche you visited was the llupia store, correct me if I am wrong.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Daphne »

Actually is was Thuir because that was where I had registered for the card. Also I think that Llupia lacks atmosphere and the last time I was in there, experienced a foul smell of fish that gone off! Not long before that I wanted a trout and the assistant said 'don't you like salmon', she looked around to make sure she wasn't overheard and informed me that the trout wasn't fresh but that the salmon was!!!! I usually buy all my fish where the counters just smell so fresh of the sea and most of my meat in Figueras.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Thats why i thought you had used Llupia, i always find thestaff arogant, apart from one older lady on the checkout who is always pleasant and chatty. I always feel as though i am disturbingntheir day wanting to be served.
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Driving through Their yesterday I noticed a sign for Lidl on the development where they destroyed the old wine cave, I thought that land was for apartments( because there is still a sign advertising them!) So a new bigger lidl......any thought on what will be built on the old lidl?
Debeneur.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I bought a few items at Carrefour Market, Laroque this week and with my till receipt I was given another slip of paper with four numbers printed on it and which the cashier told me was my identification code and to keep it safe. Is this for redeeming points?
Dylan
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Yes it is for loyalty points. I don't shop there much Sue, so probably don't have much to cash in. I think you have to go on their site, log on/register for your personal area and then do something else (probably enter your birth weight and your grandma's knicker size) . Can't be bothered :roll: :roll:
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Very rare I shop there either Sue
Dylan
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Carrefour used to send you a 'cheque' for loyalty points every 3 months, problem was some months there were few promos ,so it could be 3€ and other months in the run up to Christmas or school rentre I could end up with a chq for 60€ which would have to be spent in one shop...
Now it works the same as intermarche, accumulate money on your card and spend it at will, much better for me.no need to go online, just keep that number in your head and ask at the till how much is on the card,put your number in the card reader et voila.[/list]
Debeneur.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Thanks Opas.
Dylan