Dealz/Poundland

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Florence
Rank 3
Rank 3

Dealz/Poundland

Post by Florence » Sun 06 Aug 2017 21:55

There's a new Dealz/Poundland open in Perpignan, just opposite Leclerc in Polygon nord. A lot of favourite goodies available for €1.50. Be aware though, some things are cheaper in French stores.

66france
Rank 1
Rank 1

dealz

Post by 66france » Thu 05 Oct 2017 15:11

In over 25 years living here I have never been able to buy hola hoops walkers crisps rich tea and all the other various goodies all for only €1.50 an item brilliant.

Thanks for the info and they are open all day, not Sunday though never mind it will come.

martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: dealz

Post by martyn94 » Fri 06 Oct 2017 14:51

66france wrote:In over 25 years living here I have never been able to buy hola hoops walkers crisps rich tea and all the other various goodies all for only €1.50 an item brilliant.

Thanks for the info and they are open all day, not Sunday though never mind it will come.
It’ll take more than rich tea to get me to polygone Nord (though Jacob’s plain chocolate suggestive biscuits might just do it).

What struck me, though, is when I googled it: apart from all the obvious info in the first hit, it had this - “People typically spend 20-45 minutes hereâ€￾.

This seems pretty spooky in various ways, even though it’s obvious enough how they do it for anyone with a smartphone. I’m not temperamentally someone who gets paranoid about Big Data stealing my soul: I’m not interesting, or rich, or (I hope) suggestible enough to make me a prime target, and I am not invested in most of the platforms which suck the data up. Even so, the idea that Google knows, and would happily sell, how long I spend pondering over buying rich tea biscuits is more personal than seems comfortable. If some rich tea tycoon is reading this, I can give you some free advice: don’t waste your money.

But the bigger mystery is this, obviously: how does it take people so long for such junk?