Shopping onlline and delivery pitfalls

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

DavidB
Rank 2
Rank 2

Shopping onlline and delivery pitfalls

Post by DavidB »

A LONG cautionary tale...I recently ordered an air conditioner online for our camping car (motorhome in English-speak) from a source near Toulouse. They passed the order to a major caravan accessories supplier in Narbonne, who arranged delivery to my house near Le Boulou. The unit arrived, and I checked the goods with a very patient delivery man, and then signed the delivery note.
A few days later, I lifted the unit out of it's box again to get out the installation info to give to the (agrée) installer, when some bits fell off it.
Over the next week, and a multitude of emails and telephone calls later, I am now stuck with an expensive air conditioner that is un-installable, and unusable. Getting advice from the legal profession did not help either.
Excercising my right of retraction under EU Directives is not possible because I signed for the goods as OK when they were delivered. and I cannot prove where the damage occurred or was caused by whom.
The moral of this tale is:- DO NOT sign for any delivery if you have the choice, but if you do, be 100% sure of the condition of the goods. And tell your neighbours and friends NOT to sign for any delivered goods on your behalf should you be absent.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Ouch! Sorry to hear that David. How annoying and frustrating.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Just for a change I will report good service from an online retailer.

I bought a new laptop computer from CDiscount just over a week ago. I don't like Windows 10 and my intention was to install Linux on it. After struggling with the installation for a week and getting very poor video performance I decided on Friday morning that I would be better off with one with Intel rather than AMD graphics (there wasn't a good driver available for the graphics processor). I decided to send it back.

I went through the returns procedure on line and printed a return label. Spent half the day returning the machine to its original state and delivered it to their Point Relais at 5 pm. At ten past one the next day I received an email from them to say that they had refunded the money to my Carte Bleu and checking with my bank I find it was received the same day!

I have ordered a different model from the same company.

Russell