Granite

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Julia
Rank 0
Rank 0

Granite

Post by Julia »

Hi all
Can anyone recommend a cheap (but reliable!) place to get/order a not-very-big slab of granite - cut to size with a hole in the middle for a basin - for our soon-to-be-revamped bathroom? Merci. Julia
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Julia
I bought my granite at the Marble place on the route du Prade. This is about 500 meters closer to Perpignan from the EDF building. Cheap? Who knows what cheap means.

You're going to decide which thickness you want. Do you want the hole which is finished, since you're going to put the evier the underside, or if you plan to pop your lavabo over the granite.

Since you're so close to Mas Guerido, stop at a few kitchen shops and ask them who they advise.

There's another place in Elne near the Lidl location. I have a friend who bought there and they're happy. Cheap???????

Oh yeah, you have to decide the veins in the granite. Better veins cost more. If you have just flacky chips within the granite costs less.

Good luck. Also, we spoke about this before I think but granite should be treated after it's installed.

Blackduff
Julia
Rank 0
Rank 0

Granite

Post by Julia »

Place next to Lidl in Elne - fantastic - granite chosen (tho difficult with the large choice they had) and ordered and a good price to boot! Thanks for the pointer. Julia
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

The place at Elne is great.....just about to order for our kitchen....so helpful when we ordered for bathroom and very good on price
tolka
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by tolka »

We bought our "contemporary" furniture from BUT and FLY, not the cheapest of places but if you want something a bit better than Troc (altho we have bought from there as well) they are going to be your safest bet.