Traditional Bakers' shop

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

stefara
Rank 0
Rank 0

Traditional Bakers' shop

Post by stefara »

My husband and I discovered 2 patisseries in Perpignan worth paying a visit to.
The first one is a traditional patisserie situated in the historical centre of Perpignan, rue de Fontfroide. We tried pains au chocolat twice there and a galette des rois traditionnelle (the crown one). All was delicious, mainly the galette which was the best we'd ever eaten, full of orange blossom flavours. The baker makes everything himself, including fillings like compote or tomato sauce (I guess for mini pizzas or so) and his creations look wonderfully traditional not the fluffy kind but rather the earthy kind . What I could gather by talking to the baker's wife is that they are not really in a good spot and customers are not aware of their existence. We sincerely liked this shop and would like to help them carrying on making such beautiful patisseries so if there is someone who likes helping small traditional businesses, like we do, please venture yourself in that bakery, you shouldn't be disappointed.
The other patisserie we liked is the patisserie Olivier Bajard, based in Agro-Sud. The man is a "Meilleur Ouvrier de France" and a "Champion du Monde" in his field. The prices are very reasonable for the level of execution attained and the ingredients used are of very high quality. Worth a visit for a treat! If you would like to know more about Olivier Bajard including the desserts on offer, you could visit his website: http://www.olivier-bajard.com/.
Bon appetit
Stephanie