Watch repair

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Watch repair

Post by opas »

Does anyone know a repairer ?
I have a Sekonda watch which my dad bought me eons ago (about 30 years) it is a wind up one and still looks good, keeps time within about 20mins over the day and today has given up the ghost! Friday 13th springs to mind......the weired thing is that my young charge also broke her watch this morning, she dropped hers on the carrelage.

I would like some little old man who has a workshop that looks disorganised, but he knows where everything is ...you know the type of place. I do not really want to have to send it away somewhere and do not want to pay a bomb, but for sentimental reasons I want to keep this watch in working order.
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

There is a small jeweller's shop "Paulignan" in Thuir opposite the "pressing" http://www.bijoupaulignan.com/
Notice the title "Horloger - Expert près la cours de Montpellier"

The daughter runs the shop mostly (her husband is Scottish) and the father (one of the old school) is always tinkering with jewelry and watches. I always had good service from them.
PaddyFrog
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PaddyFrog »

Opas,
There is a little shop in Mas Guérido,
Roig.
3 rue a Beau de Rochas,
Tue - Fri 8:30 to 12:00 13:30 to 18:30

tél 04 68 85 26 03

it is the road opposite Comptoire Colonial.

He is the old type watchmaker

Have used him for years,

He also sells movements if anyone wants to mount them.
Michael