picture lights

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Colin L

picture lights

Post by Colin L »

I'm looking for where I can buy picture lights. I would Google if I knew the French equivalent! Any info on the French word(s) and on a shop in the area would be helpful.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Keria ,between Darty and But (next door to Pier Import) on Portes d'Espagne in Perps have more sorts of lights than you can shake a stick at,Colin. To be honest I'm not sure what picture lights are exactly,but,if anyone does 'em ,they will!
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

That's where we bought our outdoor lights, Like John says they have an enormous choice, I didn't notice picture lights but then again I was not looking for them. There was another big lighting shop at Pollstres near Mageleine Pools (on the road towards Le Boulou) but they were more expensive and had less choice.
joffan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by joffan »

You could try Leroy Merlin

You can look online, leroy merlin.fr, Eclairage, Eclairage de Tableaux

Joffan
Colin L

Post by Colin L »

Thanks, everyone. We were in Keria yesterday looking for a ceiling light , but it was only last night that we thought also of picture lights (by which I mean the kind of light used above a painting to illuminate it). As you say, they have a wide range so a return visit will be in order.

I'll try these websites
Nigel
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Nigel »

I bought them in Spain.....good selection and good prices....forgot name of shop but there is one in Figueres on the road ( towards Roses) near where Carrefour is ...and also near the large` shopping complex off the peage towards the airport at Girona
Colin L

Post by Colin L »

Found what we are looking for on the Leroy Merlin website.

Thanks everyone.
Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Nigel and Karen »

Nigel wrote:I bought them in Spain.....good selection and good prices....forgot name of shop but there is one in Figueres on the road ( towards Roses) near where Carrefour is ...and also near the large` shopping complex off the peage towards the airport at Girona
Bit off topic, but whats the new shoping centre at Girona like, is it worth the drive?
John & Elaine
Rank 4
Rank 4

New shopping centre

Post by John & Elaine »

For me it was ust another shopping centre! Nothing special - unlike the La Roca outlet village just north of Barcelona!
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

Agree with John and Elaine on this one. I assume you are talking about the Espai Girones near the Girona S turnoff.

It's OK as faceless shopping centres go. Hideously overpriced in the main;much better deals can be found elsewhere,but OK for a nose around if you're going ,say,to meet a flight at GRO. One or two nice(ish) eateries on the top floor.
Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Nigel and Karen »

Just googled La Roca looks great, thanks.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

I've seen La Roca many times on the way into BCN.

What is it,and what goes on there?
John & Elaine
Rank 4
Rank 4

La Roca

Post by John & Elaine »

La Roca is a designer outlet village offering low price designer wear and household stuff. It's run by the same outfit who own the Bicester, Portsmouth and Dublin villages and a good day out. Hide the plastic!!
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

I was just browsing around like you do, and came upon La Roca website...

http://www.larocavillage.com/laroca/home.asp

The same group seem to have a similar village near Paris called la Vallée