Broc Troc

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Jayne & Corin
Rank 0
Rank 0

Broc Troc

Post by Jayne & Corin »

Can anyone recommend a decent second-hand furniture shop in the area please?
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

It depends what you mean by "shop" Corin. I think you've got the message,by the title. There are loads of "Troc" places(inc Depot Ventes) about,esp in Perps,some better than others.

There are a couple of HUGE ones on your side in Polygone Nord (near Leclerc). I think one is called "Les Iles". Then there's another near Auchan,and another (more up market) near Babou (towards the University).

Unless anyone else has some bright ideas,Trocs/Depot Ventes seem to be the best places to pick up second hand stuff.
Jayne & Corin
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Jayne & Corin »

Thanks John, I'm being lazy really, I could have looked up in Page Jaune.
Will try those mentioned.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Emmaus on the N9 between perps and le Boulou is good for furniture, depending on what sort of furniture you are after.....they have some really big old pieces.

Word of advice, the place on the route de prades is really expensive and know of someone who has had to take elecrical stuff back because of faults.not working.

bit far for you but there is a place just on the outside of prades,near Lidl, I think it is secours catholique, that another friend swears has the best funiture.

I think really it all depends on what you are looking for and if it is avail at the time, ie we went to a vide grenier on sunday( no surprise there) at Latour bas Elne, someone had their garage door open and had an old buffet(dresser) and table and chairs that if I had a big house would have snatched their hands off for...........150 euros for the pair!
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

There is also what used to be called Troc 66 (now Troc 3000 as they seem to have modernised into the future).
We bought and sold stuff there as it was also convenient to Le Soler where we lived.
http://www.troc3000.com/trocxx15.html
Quite often they have high quality furniture - especially if you happen to like the local Catalan/Spanish solid wood.
Rather "heavy" unless you have a large mas-type salon, etc. but good value!
Click on the coups du coeur for an extracted list with enlarged photos of some of their bargains.

From Maury, take the road to Estagel, then cross the Col de la Dona.
At the other end go straight across the roundabout then you hit the 4-lane voie rapide direction Perpignan.
Pass Le Soler till you hit the large junction roundabout. Take the 3rd exit (route de Prades direction Perpignan) and it's about 50 meters further on the right.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

I think that you can buy things at Emmaeus, from what I remember. They have certain days for selling things but it's worth checking.

Blackduff
Puddles
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Puddles »

Jayne & Corin,
depending on what you are looking for , I have various items for sale & am located not to far from you.
Bismillahirrahmanirrahim.
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

And how much would you give me for this mirror?

Jayne & Corin
Rank 0
Rank 0

Furniture

Post by Jayne & Corin »

Thanks all

Troc 3000 was much to expensive as we're on a tight budget (aren't we all these days?).
I'm looking for a long but narrow table, console-type, max 200cm long but only 60cm wide. Do you have anything like this Puddles?
And I'd give the world for a mirror like that one, Polremy. I didn't know you knew me that well!