fruit press

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

fruit press

Post by sue and paul »

We'd like to buy a stainless steel fruit press - about 5.5 litre/ 1 gallon capacity - to tackle our grapes, pears and apples, among other fruits. I know I can get one from www.wineworks.co.uk but as they are imported there from Italy, I was wondering if anyone has ever seen any on sale in France (esp near here, but not necessarily, if there is a website). Any ideas?
Sav
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sav »

Hi sue & paul :)

This might help ;)

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trks ... ruit+press

Cheers Sav :)
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Two shops might have something like this. Check with Pole Vert in Elne. They seem to have a large selection of various things.

Gamm Vert in Argeles used to have something like you're trying to find. There's still a Gamm Vert in the Ceret and I think they have a shop in the St. Martin part of Perpignan.

I'm not sure but check with Ecotel, where they sell hotel/restaurant equipment. I'm not sure of the address but it's near to the Clinic St.Pierre.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Ecotel is near Metro - pass in front of Metro, turn left at the mini roundabout and it's just down there on your right. I think you have to have a trade card there as you do for Metro.

Gamm Vert in Ceret is on the industrial estate near Intermarche. BD's right - they have a lot of that type of stuff.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Thanks for the help. We do actually have one which we bought at Gamm Vert Argeles (for a load of dosh), but it's the traditional sort in red steel with slats of wood all round it and a spindle through it. To be honest, it doesn't really do the job. The one I'm after is a stainless and aluminium version, still with a central spindle, but much more effective, although I believe you still have to pulp the fruit first, especially hard fruits like apples and pears. I'll go to Gamm Vert in Ceret and have a look, before trying in Perpignan. Thanks again.

Sue
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

thumbelina wrote:Ecotel is near Metro - pass in front of Metro, turn left at the mini roundabout and it's just down there on your right. I think you have to have a trade card there as you do for Metro.
Gamm Vert in Ceret is on the industrial estate near Intermarche. BD's right - they have a lot of that type of stuff.
Metro needs the card but Ecotel is open for purchasing. They're not cheap but their products have good quality. I think you would find stainless steel equipment, if they have the presses.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

How big is your wooden one? I might be interested in buying it off you.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Thanks Santiago. Paul is putting it through it's whole procedure, after which we might/might not want to sell it!