Roofing felt

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

DaveM
Rank 3
Rank 3

Roofing felt

Post by DaveM »

We're in need of small quantity of bitumenised felt (approx 10 sq m) to repair a garden shed roof. Anyone know where to go?
DaveM
Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

I've seen it in Brico Depot Carcassonne but don't remember if I ever saw it in the Perpignan BD. I'm sure Castorama has it (right at the back on the left, where the "outside" stuff is) - at least they did two years ago when I was last there before moving here.

You could also try Pôle Vert at
13, Rue Lavoisier
66200 Elne
04 68 22 32 32

or

8 Rue de Rome ZAE Sainte-Eugénie
66270 LE SOLER
Tél
Fax 04.68.38.08.97

ask for feutre bitumé pour toiture

Lastly (or firstly?) try Weldom (or Tridôme which sells prefabricated wooden garden sheds with bituminised rooves - so they should have rolls for repairs?).
I deal in Logic!
"Magic" is applied science far in advance of our current technology.
Archies Beard
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Archies Beard »

This has nothing to do with bitumen but as you answered so well Roger I am about to divert the thread slightly. When playing scrabble one night I put down ROOVES as you have, only to have it successfully challenged. The word does not exist in any dictionary in our house nor the ones I have looked up on line. The plural is apparently "roofs", which to me, does not sound right. Don`t you just love the english language, now with more than 1 million words.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

lol :lol:

Some time ago, I found out about rooves the same way that you did Archie.

I was looking up the plural of forum today. To me, the logical plural is fora but both fora and forums are equally correct and forums is considered better nowadays. Which seems mad as one would never dream of saying stadiums!!!!

It's a great language, isn't it? :D
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Roger O
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Roger O »

thumbelina wrote:lol :lol:

Some time ago, I found out about rooves the same way that you did Archie.

I was looking up the plural of forum today. To me, the logical plural is fora but both fora and forums are equally correct and forums is considered better nowadays. Which seems mad as one would never dream of saying stadiums!!!!

It's a great language, isn't it? :D
Ah well, the only true "English" language is Cornish - cos we were there first, before all you Romans, Vikings, Normans and other foreign rabble!

Find the answers - but who corrects the questioners?
http://www.usingenglish.com/quizzes/356.html

By the way
http://www.leroymerlin.fr/mpng2-front/p ... =2&promo=1
I deal in Logic!
"Magic" is applied science far in advance of our current technology.
DaveM
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DaveM »

No worries. Point P, Prades, had the necessary (feutre asphalté) so now job done.
DaveM
kyramary10

Post by kyramary10 »

Actually we bought a garden shed roof last month. Garden sheds come in three basic materials. But I really choose wood. Though is was more expensive, wood sheds are generally more attractive, and look more like a house than others.