Gas Stove Fires

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Gas Stove Fires

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

Do they do these types of fires in France, we had one in the UK and was brilliant, the effect of a stove, but with no mess and instant.

http://www.hearthandhomes.com/index.php ... cts_id=392

...also can you have gas containers in the house/cave, I know the small orange/blue ones you can, but what about the taller red ones, not sure of the colours over here. (LPG)
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

Yes, you can definitely have gas cylinders in the house.
We had to buy a particular type because we wanted to store it OUTSIDE.
I think ours is a type that can withstand greater fluctuations in temperature.
sue and paul
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by sue and paul »

Marguerite & Steve..Hi Paul here....

I know you like the idea of a gas fire that is clean and quick....But if you find a house with a bit of land and trees !!!, our nice green Godin wood burner , that throws on 10 kw. & saves us about 1000 Euro. per year in gas (as our wood is free) well hard work, and is very green as the CO2 released by burning , is only the same as if the wood was left to rot !!!!!

Yes we do have to clean out the ash , but then we have the scent (which spelling ) of whichever wood we are burning at the time.....which can be quite therapeutic in its own right.... or another option burn wooden pellets, not cheap, but very controllable, friends have one, it is very good....

Please do not just jump in with gas because it is the easiest...

Paul of Sue Fame.... :wink: :wink: :wink:

( Call in any time and have a look at our GODIN STOVE... had to put it that way or we will attract too many comments)
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Try http://www.stovesellers.com/index.php?&sl=FR

They sell Broseley stoves (in France) which is the make of the one in your post.

I agree with you about convenience, we have a wood burning fireplace and I hate all the mess and the hassle. The one thing I miss most from England - central heating
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

sue and paul wrote:
...But if you find a house with a bit of land and trees !!!,

...............I wish........... we have been looking for an old place with some land, let alone any trees, so if you hear of any, let me know, we don't mind doing it up.
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.