Dressmaker

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Dressmaker

Post by Marguerite & Steve »

Is there a very good dressmaker in the area?
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
Life's too short to be anything... but happy.
Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

from Helen

In Lincolnshire? Surely.
In Perps, there' Sonya.
PM me for phone number. Don't know what she charges.
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Thanks Helen, yes I do have a dresser in Lincs, but with being in France, it will be difficult. I am looking for something for my daughters wedding in Sept, I have scanned the internet on designers, and there are a few I like, albeit, very expensive, so I thought I could copy something I like and then make it my own with a few alterations, I actually like the French designer Paule Vasseur, but wouldn't know where to start to find it in this area.
Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

It would appear that you can only buy Paule Vasseur in Paris, M.
Jackie E
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jackie E »

Hi Marguerite! I'm very interested in how you get on with this one - I too have my son's wedding in September, and have spent days touring round dress shops fruitlessly. We come back out to France again at the end of this month until just before the wedding, so I hoped to get it sorted before then, but I'm losing hope! I did wonder about shopping in Perpignan, but quite honestly wouldn't know where to start... any ideas? The problem is, I don't really "do" formal, but the occasion seems to dictate it - and, as you say, the prices can be astronomical - certainly a lot to pay when you're unlikely to wear it again!
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

C&A modes

Well all my party frocks used to come from there ................
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Jackie E wrote:Hi Marguerite! I'm very interested in how you get on with this one - I too have my son's wedding in September, and have spent days touring round dress shops fruitlessly. We come back out to France again at the end of this month until just before the wedding, so I hoped to get it sorted before then, but I'm losing hope! I did wonder about shopping in Perpignan, but quite honestly wouldn't know where to start... any ideas? The problem is, I don't really "do" formal, but the occasion seems to dictate it - and, as you say, the prices can be astronomical - certainly a lot to pay when you're unlikely to wear it again!

Hi Jackie, I will let you know how I get on, I have seen a few designs I like but not the prices, we are talking hundreds of pounds, and like you say, I don't think I would wear it again, and selling it, you would hardly get your money back. You mentioned shopping in Perpignan, but I haven't seen any "formal" clothing shops, I am popping back to the UK in June, so if not sorted by then, will have it made in the UK, and keep my fingers crossed, as like you when we come back to France it will be until the wedding in September.

Helen, does Sonya speak English?

Opas, is C&A still going over here, well gone in the UK, but have to say, I did like their stuff.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

There are some amazing ladies boutiques in Girona. Try there.
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Great, we will give that a visit, thanks Thumbs x
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Marguerite & Steve wrote:
Jackie E wrote:Hi Marguerite! I'm very interested in how you get on with this one

Opas, is C&A still going over here, well gone in the UK, but have to say, I did like their stuff.
Because the brits in general did not understand fashion :wink:

montpellier and Carcassonne both have branches
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Is there anywhere over here that sells good fabric, I am after Pure Silk Dupion, I have ordered some samples on-line, but would like to visit a fabric shop.
thumbelina
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by thumbelina »

Haven't used any of them but Yellow pages lists these :

Activité : tissus pour l'habillement (fabrication, gros)

LUCY
15 r Mailly 66000 PERPIGNAN
04 68 64 69 37

RUEDO
8 r Argenterie 66000 PERPIGNAN
04 68 29 73 43

Kristina Popovich Sport
21 r Argenterie 66000 PERPIGNAN
04 68 86 12 79
Marguerite & Steve
Rank 5
Rank 5

Thanks Thumbs will give them a go.. x