Watch Battery

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

edann42
Rank 4
Rank 4

Watch Battery

Post by edann42 »

Can I get my watch battery replaced in Argeles or Le Boulou, does anybody know, please??
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

The watch shop "Blanc" in Argeles can change the battery. They're fast to change the battery while you wait. The shop is on the main street where the traffic lights are located.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

shops services

Post by Sue »

The jewellers just above the church where the Wed and Sat markets are held in Argeles also change a watch battery while you wait.
Dylan
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

I got mine done at the market. Just asked at a stall where they were selling cheapo watches.
But then mine is a cheapo watch anyway.
You might not want to do that if yours is very valuable.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

If you buy watch batteries at a market make sure they are silver-zinc and not the cheaper alkaline. Silver -zinc lasts longer and I have known alkaline watch batteries to swell at the end of their life and damage the watch.

Of course it is often cheaper to buy a watch at the market than to buy just the battery!

Russell.