new number plates

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

mand
Rank 4
Rank 4

new number plates

Post by mand »

i know someone told me on here to get our new french number plates to go to champion but i can't remember where (think it was somewhere near Le Boulou) does anyone know?

Thanks
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

If you want them fitted then the garage directly behind Mc Donald's in Le Boulou do them. Cost made and fitted €30. But I also saw that the cobblers in the Intermarche supermarket in Le Boulou sell them but I presume you have to fit those yourself.
Champion is in Ceret and I believe they make them too.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Most big supermarkets have a shop cutting keys and making numberplates. Have you checked in Carrefour?

Russell.
collioure_bee
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by collioure_bee »

The garage opposite coopers epicerie. they fit them for you too.
"She knew the price of everything, but the value of nothing"

If it's hard to do, it's not worth doing.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

I wonder which is cheapest - having them fitted or buying a pop-rivet gun :?:

Russell
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

Weren't you asking about a reliable garagiste, mand?
why not go to the one recommended by people on here, introduce yourself as a newcomer in the are, ask if they service your model of car and just happen to mention that you need numberplates fitted.
might get a good deal that way.
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

Hubby was going to fit ours as we have a pot rivet gun, however the gun used by the garage was rather more substantial than ours. Thief proof I imagine.
mand
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by mand »

Sorted on the number plates now thanks, we did think of going to the garage recommended for servicing but i thought better of it because if they should have been more expensive than the others quoted on here hubby would have gone from there and i felt it could have made us feel awkward when we needed to go back to this garage for repairs etc.....but we are now on 66 plates just hope i can remember that we changed them when i leave a supermarket.....many years ago i had a celica for a long long time and when i finally got rid of it and bought a cavalier i parked my nice new car in the supermarket car park did the shopping came out looking for my dear old celica proceeded to phone the police and while on the phone back in the shop (before mobiles) looked down at the keys in my hand that had a vauxhall key ring and remembered i had changed cars.....did i feel an idiot :oops: (please no women driver remarks, i put it down to the pressure of working full time plus raising 3 young children at the time...lol)