Leroy Merlin above ground Pool advice?

The best place to buy this and that? Recommend shops and share your good and bad experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

LadyBass
Rank 2
Rank 2

Leroy Merlin above ground Pool advice?

Post by LadyBass »

Hello tous..

has anyone got or know about the Leroy Merlin above ground pools which are outside at the momemt? They are about 1500Euros for the smaller one and 2400 for the larger one.

They are not set up with a liner but have a wooden shell into which I presume a liner is fitted.

I asked them to come and give me a quote to fit it, they said it would cost me 45 euros for the quote... is this usual?

Cant afford the thousands of pounds a "real pool" would cost.

Would b interested to hear anyones advice / experience on these pools or indeed any other good ideas for cooling off without breaking the bank.

Thanks in advance.. :?
It's not a rehearsal....
LadyBass
Rank 2
Rank 2

no one has one?

Post by LadyBass »

any other above ground pool advice? what to look for what to avoid?

Ta
It's not a rehearsal....
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

I had a "store" fitted by Leroy Merlin and they charged 45 euro for the devis. This was to cover the costs for an artisan to come out and measure up. It was refunded when the order was complete.

Russell.
Merryleigh
Rank 0
Rank 0

re: above ground pool advice

Post by Merryleigh »

We have an above ground pool which we bought from Castorama in 2005. It has done sterling service and is great for cooling off in the summer. However we had problems with the pump which burned out when the water level dropped below the skimmer due to a leak. Thanks to Olivier we got a new one under warranty! Apart from that it has been a great stop-gap until we decide to get a 'proper' pool. Ours is 5.1 m across so you can even swim round and round in it.

Advantages of above ground wooden frame pools:
Quicker and easier way to get somewhere to cool off
Warm up faster in summer
Small volume - cheaper to fill/maintain
Don't fall under pool safety legislation (no covers/gates required)

Disadvantages:
Not simple to construct, mistakes can be expensive to fix!
Liner vulnerable to damage
Limited life span - 10yrs?
Cool off faster at night / in Autumn
Not so easy to get in/out of
LadyBass
Rank 2
Rank 2

Thankyou both

Post by LadyBass »

Thanks Merry and Russel

I suppose it is reasonab;e to pay for a Devis but I have to pay out hundreds to quote my clients and sometimes dont get the business... guess its another cultural difference. Stops the messers !

Merryleigh, thanks for that I am veering towards the above ground whilst we save up for a "proper pool !" I probably need to look at a lot more, I haven't been to Casto yet.

I am now on the lookout for gravel / stones for the garden.... ;-) trying to do too many things at once I think :)
Last edited by LadyBass on Sat 23 Apr 2011 18:22, edited 1 time in total.
It's not a rehearsal....
polremy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by polremy »

Hiya.
That place in St Hippolyte was near to the water tower and close to a garden centre.
I think Allan might have more idea as he is very close to there.
Can't believe it has closed. It was like a big builders' yard.
Worth another try perhaps.
Quite a good reastaurant nearby to make the journey worthwhile - right by the church. Tables outside and inside.
And their en vrac from the cave is very good too!
LadyBass
Rank 2
Rank 2

Ta Pol

Post by LadyBass »

Aha think we were on the wrong track then Pol. We were at the garden centre near the main road from Claira to Bacares and nthe only gravel they had was for their own renovations, still we were tempted lol

There was a builders merchants too but no stones... didnt see a water tower so will have another trym prob should have been in the village itself.

Sorry don't know Alan maybe he will shed some light if he see this?

The Resto does sound tempting too thanks for the tip, will need nourishment to feed us up before shifting all that stone if we ever find it !

Thanks again.. My other half thought I had made it up when I said St Hypo something...
:D
It's not a rehearsal....