Converting CSV to OFX files

General chat about doing business in France and the PO; tax, financial, legal and insurance matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Converting CSV to OFX files

Post by Santiago »

Does anyone know a tool for converting a CSV file (downloaded from my bank) to OFX format required for a French accounting system?

I tried to do it with iCreateOFX but although I can create the OFX file, the accounting system (ISACOMPTA) doesn't accept the data properly, possibly because the field headings are in English.

By bank allows OFX downloads but only going back 3 months and I downloaded the CSVs by mistake.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Satbloke66
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Converting CSV to OFX files

Post by Satbloke66 »

Santiago wrote:Does anyone know a tool for converting a CSV file (downloaded from my bank) to OFX format required for a French accounting system?

I tried to do it with iCreateOFX but although I can create the OFX file, the accounting system (ISACOMPTA) doesn't accept the data properly, possibly because the field headings are in English.

By bank allows OFX downloads but only going back 3 months and I downloaded the CSVs by mistake.
A quick Google came up with this http://csmale.home.xs4all.nl/mt2ofx/en/

Worth a try..
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

Not seen that one. Will give it a go. Thanks

The tool I used doesn't assign unique IDs to the transactions to the system won't accept the file. It also hardcodes the language to ENG and puts the dates in the wrong format.

I've found a useful tool for anyone else with this problem. An OFX viewer called OFX Formatter, which lets you examine the file to see what might be wrong.

Now I just have to figure out whether its quicker to correct the files of enter in the bank transactions by hand.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29