French car insurance for going to Uk

General chat about doing business in France and the PO; tax, financial, legal and insurance matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Maysy

French car insurance for going to Uk

Post by Maysy »

Am a bit confused about which car insurance I should have for me to drive to the UK With my French registered British car. Can anyone please advise me

Will my French car insurance be sufficient if for example. I have a breakdown in the UK?
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: French car insurance for going to Uk

Post by Allan »

Maysy wrote:Am a bit confused about which car insurance I should have for me to drive to the UK With my French registered British car. Can anyone please advise me

Will my French car insurance be sufficient if for example. I have a breakdown in the UK?
Forget the fact that it started life as a British car, if it is now French registered then it is just like any other French car.

Most insurance policies cover you driving in other EU countries but read your policy or check with your broker.

As far as breakdown insurance, it is normally an addition to the policy. I am insured with Allianz and they offer Pack Mobilité

Breakdown assistance from home and throughout Europe, provided by Mondial Assistance France. Replacement vehicle provided when your vehicle is immobilized following a breakdown, accident, fire, attempted theft. Replacement vehicle available until your vehicle is repaired or in the event of an accident or other covered event, until the insurance payment has been made. Maximum 30 days. Vehicle to be returned to the hire car agency from where you collected it.

This costs me €60 p.a. - again check with your broker or insurance company
Maysy

Breakdown insurance

Post by Maysy »

Thank you for your reply to my question. I will speak with my insurance company