Posting a high value item

General chat about doing business in France and the PO; tax, financial, legal and insurance matters.

Moderator: Moderators

Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Posting a high value item

Post by Allan »

I need to send my watch back to the manufacturer but can't find a means of sending it that provides proper insurance. From what I can gather La Poste will only insure items up to 5,000€.

I've looked at a few courier sites but their insurance offer is by weight so fairly meaningless

Anyone any ideas?
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Sounds like it could be better for you to fly with it to its destination for peace of mind.

Which country is it going to?
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Davidsimon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Davidsimon »

Robert Ferrieux
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Posting a high value item

Post by Robert Ferrieux »

[quote="Allan"]I need to send my watch back to the manufacturer but can't find a means of sending it that provides proper insurance. From what I can gather La Poste will only insure items up to 5,000€.

Agree with Opas..........
..........And you could fly there and back First Class :wink:
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Why not ask the makers? They must have had this issue before.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

martyn94 wrote:Why not ask the makers? They must have had this issue before.
Obviously that was the first thing that I did but they told me to take it to one of their authorised repair centres, the nearest being Barcelona.

I pursued them telling them that their response was impracticable and today they responded with the name of a retailer in Perpignan who they say can return it to them,

So problem solved but it still doesn't answer the question, how do you send a high value item?