Freebox Admin Password...help please

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Phipplebert

Freebox Admin Password...help please

Post by Phipplebert »

Does anyone know where I would find;

The password to get in to the admin panel for the router for a Freebox / the 'admin password'???

I have looked on the box. Tried the MAC code. Tried my online login details. Tried our wifi login details...all to no avail.

Is it printed somewhere. Or is there a universle one?

Thank you :)
Satbloke66
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Satbloke66 »

Try admin..
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Are you sure there is one? I thought the Freebox is configured through a web interface.

You log onto your account with Free and configure it from there.

Perhaps it would help if you said what you are trying to do with the Freebox
Phipplebert

Post by Phipplebert »

Well I'm afraid it goes a bit over my head so this may not be a good explanation but its how I understood it...
Whoever hosts my email changed something (bit American company).
The ISP changed but the freebox didn't update the new ISP/find it.
So I can't get emails from my email addresses associated with that company.....

My parents have a chap who does their computer stuff in the UK who is trying to sort this out; he is doing it because my parents and I share email domains and he knows who they are hosted with etc. (they can get email - problem is the freebox).

He needs to change something within the admin of the box as it has now deleted my email IP/directory or something to point it at the right number. So he logged in remotely to my machine (laptop) and can fix it on that but it won't then fix in my iPad etc because he has only done a local fix on the laptop itself. He wants to get 'into' the box to change something.

Sorry! That's a very poor explanation by me! Does it make any sense? Do you think he actually wants to login online (like you did before) to change something with the box not try and access the box itself through the computer?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again.
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Phipplebert wrote:Well I'm afraid it goes a bit over my head so this may not be a good explanation but its how I understood it...
Whoever hosts my email changed something (bit American company).
The ISP changed but the freebox didn't update the new ISP/find it.
So I can't get emails from my email addresses associated with that company.....

My parents have a chap who does their computer stuff in the UK who is trying to sort this out; he is doing it because my parents and I share email domains and he knows who they are hosted with etc. (they can get email - problem is the freebox).

He needs to change something within the admin of the box as it has now deleted my email IP/directory or something to point it at the right number. So he logged in remotely to my machine (laptop) and can fix it on that but it won't then fix in my iPad etc because he has only done a local fix on the laptop itself. He wants to get 'into' the box to change something.

Sorry! That's a very poor explanation by me! Does it make any sense? Do you think he actually wants to login online (like you did before) to change something with the box not try and access the box itself through the computer?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again.
I' m not sure what setting he wants to change but I think that he needs to connect through your account the way I did before.

If he can't sort it out by doing that, get him to email me with what he needs to change and I'll see if I can help
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

I've just looked at your Freebox settings and all normal router configuration options are available on line.

Remember that you may have to power the Freebox of and back on for settings to take effect
Last edited by Allan on Mon 12 Aug 2013 09:36, edited 1 time in total.
Satbloke66
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Satbloke66 »

This page shows you how to re-initialise your password..

http://www.samn0.fr/index.php/freebox-s ... t-de-passe