Where is Orange on the Ave D'Espagne

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

HelenAE
Rank 0
Rank 0

Where is Orange on the Ave D'Espagne

Post by HelenAE »

A quick question...... where is the Orange shop to be found on the Ave d'Espagne? I was pretty certain I'd seen it on the right as you head north into Perpignan - some distance further in from But, Fly etc

I need to go there soon to change a Livebox, but when I checked it online, Google Street View seemed to place it on the Auchan complex.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

It is indeed on the right, on the parade just before Darty and the roundabout - next to a kiddie's clothes shop I think. However, don't quote me on this, but I think there is now also an Orange boutique in the Auchan complex. Wonder if it will improve the queues! :roll:
HelenAE
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by HelenAE »

The very helpful guy I spoke on the helpline reckoned that the one in the Auchan complex was small, whereas the one on Ave d'Espagne was the full shebang.
Ariègeoise
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Ariègeoise »

I used the one in the Auchan complex to organise the resurrection of my 15-year-dead line plus new internet contract. They were super-efficient (and no, I'm not being facetious) - came away with engineer appointment for 2 days time (at a day and time of my choice) plus Livebox and all other gubbins. Very impressive service. Haven't been in the other one but I wouldn't call this one small, though it's more an agence than a shop I'd say.
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

Directions from Kate are spot on and you can park outside.

When we recently had to change our Live box we also spoke to a very helpful guy on the English speaking helpline. He needed us to confirm which Orange shop we would be going to, as he would make arrangements with them to replace our box. He also gave us an authorisation number which, presumably, tallied with the one he'd given to the shop.

If you haven't got an authorisation number, or confirmed which shop you will collect from, you might want to ring the guy back to prevent any problems when you do try to exchange it.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen »

Just to finish off ...... as per Smiley G, the very helpful and efficient Orange English Speaking service (operates Monday - Friday office hours) asked me to say which store I'd go to to swap over the Livebox. I'd opted for the one on Ave d'Espagne as I reckoned car parking would be easy.

In fact, getting there at 4 pm, wasn't such a good idea. The shop was busy and the car park was full.

Having been given a SAVI reference number by the helpline, I wasn't completely sure what the system was (or if there was one). But joining the queue for the Accueil at the entrance to the shop seemed a probable course of action. It was the right thing to do. The SAVI was requested, my name checked, and I was asked to take a seat.

After about 20 mins or so of waiting, I began to wonder if I'd misunderstood the 'take a seat' bit. But no, a member of staff became free and I was called over.

From that point on - it was all very efficient.The live boxes were swapped and my new one was configured there. (As I've a temperamental, slow, laptop and really just wanted wifi for phone and iPad, I opted for a 9 euro set up service which was available in the shop. I was assured that all I had to do was plug in the livebox when I got back to Amelie and all should work).

It did. Within two minutes of switching on/connecting via ADSL socket, I was online with the iPad.

I really couldn't fault the English speaking helpline for customer service. It was excellent.
Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Nigel and Karen »

could you please post the phone number for the English speaking help line.
Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen »

The number for the English Speaking Helpline is:

09 69 36 39 00
Nigel and Karen
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Nigel and Karen »

thanks