wifi in St Cyprien?

Problems/advice relating to your PC/Mac/Phone/Television/ Satellite TV/DVD/Blu ray......

Moderator: Moderators

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

wifi in St Cyprien?

Post by Kate »

(received by email)
Its a while since I posed a question to the Anglophone community and thought I would contact you first. I want to find out more about internet connections. There is a wifi connection advertised for St Cyprien and I wondered if anyone has had any experience of it and could give me some guidance on how to connect to it.
Ann
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Ann
I posted about a couple of years back. There is a Orange wi-fi but it's not free. You have to sign up and you can buy a card. Overall, it's not cheap.

There might be some cyber cafes in St.Cyp but if not, you can use the Cyber Cafes in Argeles plage. There are a few others too within the Argeles Village and another place which is free. La Noisette is a cafe in Argeles Village across the street from the church. If you use their computers~it's 1 € per half-hour. If you bring your own computer, it's free, if you have a drink or something similar.

There's free wi-fi from the McDonalds but I'm not sure if one is in St.Cyp. There is one in La Tour Bas Elne or again, in Argeles Village.

Maybe some other poster knows about wi-fi in St.Cyp.

Good luck

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
rbg
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by rbg »

Hi Ann,
This should be of help:

www.wifi-saint-cyprien.fr

It's all in french , but should be easy to decipher.

Bonne wi-fi ing!
Rivesaltes Johnny
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rivesaltes Johnny »

I find the best place to connect is McDonalds. If you pick the right time of day e.g. when all are on the beach they are a bit quieter - the one at Canet now has free wifi - used it at Easter and I suspect also the one in Argeles as well although their web site is not up to date!

http://www.mcdonalds.fr/graphics/restau ... lin01.html

You can also check for FON spots as well check out http://maps.fon.com/# and zoom into the area you are searching for.