Birds, traps and restaurants

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

susie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Birds, traps and restaurants

Post by susie »

Odd post this so not sure where to put it. We have some very tame ring neck doves which sit on our balcony. Just looked over it and the restaurant below looks like it has set up a trap and one of the young lads was trying to tempt them down, with a knife in his hand. (think they might have caught one earlier judging by a few feathers flying around earlier but I didn't put two and two together then) I had a bit of a shout over the balcony about 'ne touchez pas les oiseaux' and other such things and we stood guard for a while until it went dark.

Will go and have a word with the management tomorrow, but anyone know what (apart from the obvious) I can threaten them with to stop it. Is there a hunting period of wild birds? certain hygienic issues for restaurants?

Susie
Susie
Merisin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Merisin »

They used to come down and feed in our garden. Until the horde of cats that live just up the road wiped them out. We were powerless to stop it.

Mary
susie
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by susie »

Hopefully sorted. Went in the restaurant first thing this morning. Told the owner what I had seen, said I didn't think it was good for them (or the oiseaux, who were tres gentile). He denied it, said they were only feeding them. He was lying, he knew I knew he was lying, and I knew he knew that I knew too! But I thanked him for his reassurances.

By the time I got upstairs, the cage had been removed from their back garden.
Susie