filmon.com

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

monsans
Rank 4
Rank 4

filmon.com

Post by monsans »

Gone off air here in Argèles. Receiving it through Samsung Blue Ray DVD etc. Get as far as choosing the channel from the block descriptions and that's it. Anybody else experiencing same. The 91 year old downstairs only lives for Coronation St. etc.
Strength of internet signal is same as usual. Any help - Thanks.
Daphne
Rank 4
Rank 4

Filmon

Post by Daphne »

We receive Filmon via smart TV. Since Sunday every channel we attempt to go to full screen reverts to BBC 1 so we are watching on a reduced screen at present! There's doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason why this has happened!
neil mitchell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by neil mitchell »

I used Filmon for live TV from a laptop to an hdmi tv with their HDI player when I was down in Feb/Mar. The picture quality was poor and it was, to say the least, very quirky. Exactly what you'd expect for free.

I tried a 9.99 punt on their HD quality which resulted in a better picture but still very quirky and this time a lot of buffering which I suspect is from the Filmon server because we get a pretty steady 7.5 download speed.

I've now gone with a pay as you go IPTV provider and I suspect that it will be the future, it gives the Freeview line up, 14 days catch up, good quality picture and sound, different package options and only needs 1.2 download.

It took a while to move on from getting it free and accept that it has to be paid for and now it will be the way ahead.
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

No problems for us in Argelès using the FimOn iPad App., hard-wired to the television via an Apple digital AV adaptor.
However, on Monday & Tuesday evening this week, a slow-down in internet speed DID cause a screen freeze but it was only temporary.
Having said that, we're delighted with FilmOn, especially as we're no longer using the Apple TV Box. The hard-wiring of an iPad Mini to our Sony Bravia via an Apple digital AV adaptor & an HDMI cable seems to have cured previous issues of buffering and screen freezes.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

We had some buffering last night, but on doing an internet speed test found it to be very low. Otherwise, excelent via chromecast.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

the notfilmon xbmc 'add on' hasn't worked since last Friday. However both Filmon XBMC Addons are working fine. Also the Google app Filmon live Tv is working OK. i haven't found another Filmon problems on Tablet, Smartphone or Computer etc.
Last edited by montgolfiere on Thu 12 Jun 2014 16:52, edited 1 time in total.
monsans
Rank 4
Rank 4

filmon

Post by monsans »

Thanks for all the replies. But Montgolfiere what is 'XBMC? How do I find it on my set-up which is the Samsung B.R. DVD and a Sony Bravia HD etc. plus a strong WIFI connection.
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

I have a feeling that all these sites which offer to stream live TV channels to your computer are operating without a broadcasting licence and are almost sure to get closed down or restricted in the near future.

I've now adjusted my life to watching "catchup" programs via BBC etc and this week I've subscribed to Netflix which I have to say is brilliant.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

Santiago wrote:I have a feeling that all these sites which offer to stream live TV channels to your computer are operating without a broadcasting licence and are almost sure to get closed down or restricted in the near future.

I've now adjusted my life to watching "catchup" programs via BBC etc and this week I've subscribed to Netflix which I have to say is brilliant.
How much does this cost and what do you get for this price. I've heard that I can download as much as I want, within a certain time. I knew it was getting better here in France and we're going to take a look at this system.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

Santiago wrote:I have a feeling that all these sites which offer to stream live TV channels to your computer are operating without a broadcasting licence and are almost sure to get closed down or restricted in the near future.

On what information are you basing this?

Filmon has been operating for 4 years and it is my understanding they are now based in CH where 're-broadcasting' isn't against Swiss Law....

However the 'SUbscription' IPTV Services are mainly based in the Spain and with the state of the Spanish Economy i doubt there will be any problems....just so long as they pay all their 'Taxes'.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: filmon

Post by montgolfiere »

monsans wrote:Thanks for all the replies. But Montgolfiere what is 'XBMC? How do I find it on my set-up which is the Samsung B.R. DVD and a Sony Bravia HD etc. plus a strong WIFI connection.
XBMC (X-box Media Centre) is available on a Windows Computer as well as Android Based System (Tablets/Smartphones and IPTV Boxes) and even the likes of Iphones/ipads.
Basically in the Android App Configuration it allows running 1000's of Addons which allow Streaming of the likes of Filmon for 'Live TV, and also many others that give access to Libraries of Series as well as Movies. In my (Humble) opinion it is pretty awesome!!
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: filmon

Post by Allan »

montgolfiere wrote:
monsans wrote:Thanks for all the replies. But Montgolfiere what is 'XBMC? How do I find it on my set-up which is the Samsung B.R. DVD and a Sony Bravia HD etc. plus a strong WIFI connection.
XBMC (X-box Media Centre) is available on a Windows Computer as well as Android Based System (Tablets/Smartphones and IPTV Boxes) and even the likes of Iphones/ipads.
Basically in the Android App Configuration it allows running 1000's of Addons which allow Streaming of the likes of Filmon for 'Live TV, and also many others that give access to Libraries of Series as well as Movies. In my (Humble) opinion it is pretty awesome!!
You can't use XBMC. On a BluRay player. Do you still have the problem? Does it work on your PC or your Android box?

It is possible that Samsung has updated their software and the web browser isn't working properly. Try using your remote to start the Smart Hub and check for updated applications.
interiors66
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by interiors66 »

This may all be simple to some but can anyone put it in terms that a simple
person can understand ?
Because I haven't got a clue
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

To be honest, Interiors, I think the guys in the know here have done their best to put it in the simplest terms possible. It's a complicated subject. I know it takes some work to understand. I'm an ex IT engineer and it took me a few hours of reading the posts and checking out the links.

But it's worth it because I think the "simple solution" being offered to people at the moment is poor value for money and not guaranteed to work in the future.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
monsans
Rank 4
Rank 4

FilmOn.com

Post by monsans »

Again thanks for all the help. It has come back mysteriously and as my client is 91 years old I am going to let sleeping dogs lie. I have printed off all replies for future reference.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

The notFilmon addon in XBMC has updated and is now working again.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

ITV 1 is not available on either XBMC or Google App Filmon this afternoon....
ITV 1 + 1 is however working....
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

ITV 1+1 now not working...... maybe they have a 'rights issue' with the World Cup on ITV?. (they had a problem with Roland Garros the other week)
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

It is a 'Rights issue'. (Pressure from FIFA)..... According to their facebook page they are restricting access to devices with a UK ip address. I have just 'proved' this as itv 1 (The Belgium football) is receivable on my Computer using iportal.....
Smiley G
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Smiley G »

FilmOn has been playing up this afternoon and it's not about FIFA this time. Error messages WERE popping up indicating the content was "not available in your region." Has anyone else had a problem today?
Wimbledon starts on Monday!

Apple iPad hard wired to television.
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

no problems yesterday or this morning on any of the xbmc filmon addons.
I have been watching it more lately with the lower 2e/2f signal.... 125 Gib Dish not working well at all 'chez-moi' !!