Warning

Open 24/7 Come in, relax and chat about issues relating to the P-O.

Moderator: Moderators

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Warning

Post by Kate »

A DIFFUSER LARGEMENT .... ! ! !
Bonjour,
ce message pour vous faire partager mon expérience toute fraîche d'hier et vous éviter quelques
désagréments.....
Dans la journée le "service facturation d'EDF" a essayé de nous contacter à notre domicile. Le soir
venu, je téléphone à EDF (le numéro se trouve sur vos factures, prix d'un appel local).
Après m'être assurée de ne pas avoir d'arriérés (on ne sait jamais), je demande à être mise en
contact avec un conseiller.
Une personne me répond, et me demande l'objet de mon appel. Je lui rétorque que leur service
facturation a essayé de nous joindre dans la journée et que je désirais savoir pourquoi, et là, grande
surprise : il n'y a pas de service facturation chez EDF démarchant téléphoniquement les clients.
En fait, des commerciaux se faisant passer pour des agents d'EDF mais travaillant pour la
concurrence démarchent les personnes et se déplacent aussi à leur domicile. Le but? Obtenir copie
de leur facture pour s'approprier leurs références clients et tout renseignement utile.
Après quoi, leur abonnement est résilié sans qu'elles puissent s'y opposer et elles se retrouvent chez
un autre fournisseur.
Aucun moyen de recours ni pour vous, ni pour EDF, étant donné que désormais tout se traite par
téléphone. Le pire c'est qu'ensuite, on m'a expliqué qu'il est très difficile de reprendre un abonnement
chez EDF, que cela peut être long et coûteux.
Donc, il faut être prudent, ne rien communiquer (EDF a toutes les informations) et prévenir un
maximum de personnes autour de vous.

Laurence MATIGNON
CONSEIL GENERAL DE L'AUDE
Service Marchés Publics
tel : 04 68 11 31 01
fax : 04 68 11 68 98
courriel : laurence.matignon@cg11.fr

Basically, reps from electricity companies claiming to be the EDF are ringing people, making appointments, taking down details from the EDF bill and changing your supplier without your consent, after which it is difficult and costly to be reconnected to the EDF. The EDF have all your details on their computer. Anybody asking to see those details should be treated as suspicious.
Kathy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Kathy »

When out in France in April we had two phone calls claiming to be in league with EDF saying they could save us some money etc. They then wanted our customer number and some details. Obviously I refused saying that if they were part of EDF then they would have all the information they were requesting. They were very persistant and only gave up because they had difficulty speaking English. This warning sounds like it could have been these unscrupulous people.
blackduff
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by blackduff »

We had a guy who said he's from EDF. He's from the Mairie too. This guy said he would check everything at our house and determine if our insulation materials which should be replaced. His story was very complexed but it's for my needs.

My wife took the call and she waited to ask my idea. I told her to call this guy and tell him we do not his needs.

This is a 100% scam.

Blackduff
FACEBOOK THOUGHTS: Remember that old phrase: if you're not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
collioure_bee
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by collioure_bee »

This unscrupulous type stuff was being done in England too some years back. One guy wanted me to sign his form so he would be paid as he had proof of him visiting me. Realising his game I told him I would ring his boss or write him a note if he liked, he just got moody and shouted at me to sign. The door had a lovely indentation of his face in it for days. Needless to say he didn't get paid lol.

Thanks for the warning Kate.
john
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by john »

I've had several of these calls recently,Kate. I treated them in the same way that I treated the ones I used to get in UK as referred to by CB above.

ie told them in no uncertain terms that I was not interested,and if I was to change my supplier it'd be at MY instigation,not theirs.