Too Hot for November

What's the weather like where you are?

Moderator: Moderators

montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Too Hot for November

Post by montgolfiere »

It is somewhat too hot for the time of year and Sun seems to be forecast for the next couple of weeks... Thanks El Nino....However we may pay for it come Jan/Feb when it vcould be a very COLD second half of the Winter...
.i mean i still have a few Tomatoes ripening on the plants!!!!
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Too Hot for November

Post by martyn94 »

montgolfiere wrote:It is somewhat too hot for the time of year and Sun seems to be forecast for the next couple of weeks... Thanks El Nino....However we may pay for it come Jan/Feb when it vcould be a very COLD second half of the Winter...
.i mean i still have a few Tomatoes ripening on the plants!!!!
Is there any particular reason to expect a bad winter after a mild autumn, beyond a general feeling that what goes around comes around? I genuinely don't know. In any event, it's not "too hot" for me (nor for my electricity bills).
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

I've heard from a few people that we're looking at a potential rough winter. None of them anything to do with the actual weather forecasting though so I think Martyn is probably right. There's that 'pay back' feeling in the air.

Very disgruntled to get piqued' by my first mozzie this year on the first day of November.They should 'be banned out of season the little varmints! :twisted:
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

The (exceptionally strong) El Nino has been forecasted to produce a very Cold second half of the Winter. The last El Nino year, 2009/2010, was a 'cold' winter year....but...of course long range forecasting is probably a 'mugs game'!!!
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

montgolfiere wrote:The (exceptionally strong) El Nino has been forecasted to produce a very Cold second half of the Winter. The last El Nino year, 2009/2010, was a 'cold' winter year....but...of course long range forecasting is probably a 'mugs game'!!!
Wikipedia says that El Niño events tend to be associated with colder, drier winter weather in Northern Europe, and wetter, warmer weather in Southern Europe. God knows where we are meant to fall. Somewhere in the middle wd suit me.
montgolfiere
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by montgolfiere »

Looks like it is going to get much Colder at the weekend......a drop of around 10C (or even 13C) on the temperatures of late...
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Enjoy the sunshine while you can. Still very warm here!! :P
Santiago
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Santiago »

I think it's too warm. No snow on Canigou yet. I've heard rumopurs of a harsh winter too but it could be folklore. In any case, I'm not sure the warm weather is good for our agriculture. Plants get confused by unseasonal temperatures.
Domaine Treloar - Vineyard and Winery - www.domainetreloar.com - 04 68 95 02 29
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Big drop in temperatures this weekend plus the Tramontane, get your winter woolies out. There should also be snow on Canigou.
Dylan
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

I don't think you could reasonably ask for a nicer December day than today. No doubt some awful vengeance will descend PDQ. But probably it would have done anyway.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Have just put the dogs out in the garden and can't believe how mild it is.
Dylan
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

The most beautiful day and abalmy evening, here's to many more like it.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Slight change today!
Dylan
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

Sue wrote:Slight change today!
But surprisingly slight by this time of day. "Google Now" thinks it's 16 degrees, which seems about right.

Though I do take Santiago's point from a few days ago that unseasonable temperatures can screw things up. No doubt there are all sorts of bugs and beasties in his vineyard which could do with do with a good chill while I just wonder whether to turn the heating on. Hopefully their time will come: I hope that their shock is as sharp as it needs to be, but no longer than necessary.

Though I hope he's doing a correspondence course on growing mangoes or whatever it will need to be once warming hits 2.7. I guess I will have been warmed up a lot more than that in the interim.