10yrs in the Limousin now looking to move to PO.

A place for new members to say a quick hello and introduce themselves.

Moderator: Moderators

PaulJ
Rank 0
Rank 0

10yrs in the Limousin now looking to move to PO.

Post by PaulJ »

Hello everyone
My names Paul.I'm from Warrington,Cheshire.My wife Marie,from Leigh,Lancashire,and I have lived in the Limousin for the past 10 yrs.
We both absolutely love the PO.The climate,the way of life,the Catalan spirit,rugby league...You name it!
For the first 7yrs or so I had a business installing Fosse Septiques and general building renovation.
2yrs ago I decided to give it a rest and scale down.
I have recently re-registered as property maintenance and we'll be spending the winter down here this year hopefully with a view to a permanent move.
I'm really looking forward to spending a prolonged period here.
Great site you have!!
Last edited by PaulJ on Sun 28 Sep 2014 22:48, edited 2 times in total.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Hi Paul and Marie and welcome. You picked a fantastic area to spend winter. Have a great one.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Welcome Paul and Marie. You have chosen an excellent region not only for winter but for all seasons. You may like to join us on Facebook too.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/781185495231402/
Dylan
PaulJ
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by PaulJ »

Thanks Sue.I've just done that!
Last edited by PaulJ on Tue 30 Sep 2014 17:00, edited 1 time in total.
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

I have accepted you so you are now a member.
Dylan
Marie Jay
Rank 0
Rank 0

Hi everyone from 'the other half' !

Post by Marie Jay »

Hi everyone,
I am Paul's other half Marie.
After being regular visitors to this part of France, we are indeed looking to re-locate to this beautiful region.
The site is absolutely brilliant ! A wealth of information!
Looking forward to participating on the forum and learning more about the Catalan way of life!
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Thanks Marie. Glad you enjoy the site.
Lots of adventures ahead of you. One of the great things about this area is that it hasn't really been 'tamed' yet like so many of the southern tourist regions. There are still loads of ancient ruins, castles, churches, fabulous uncharted walks, heritage and culture that haven't really made it into the guide books, haven't been coralled off and turned into paying attractions, loads of free events, stunning scenery.. Fantastic place to live....and I say that at the moment from the depths of Yorkshire where I have been for a few weeks. Love Yorkshire where I was born - but the PO always feels like going home.
Marie Jay
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Marie Jay »

So looking forward to it all Kate! Your last phrase "The PO always feels like going home" says such a lot! Feeling 'giddy ' ;-)
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Hi Marie, we've already met :lol: nice to see another northern lass on the forum.

Deb
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Marie Jay
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Marie Jay »

Hiya Deb,
Good to hear from you! Hopefully we can meet up when we get down there towards the end of November! Will call or e mail you! Xx
Sue
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Sue »

Hi Marie. My internet has been down all day but just would like to say welcome. You wont regret moving to this area, I think Kate has said it all and coming home is exactly how we felt when coming on holiday. I am sure you and Paul will be extremely happy here.
Dylan
Marie Jay
Rank 0
Rank 0

Thankyou!

Post by Marie Jay »

Thankyou Dylan and Sue. I am positive it's the right place! Just got to make sure, as it will definitely be the last move!
Geoman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Geoman »

Great region, great people & at the moment great weather 😄
Marie Jay
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Marie Jay »

Can't wait to get there! 8)