Carte de séjour

A place for new members to say a quick hello and introduce themselves.

Moderator: Moderators

Pacey
Rank 0
Rank 0

Carte de séjour

Post by Pacey »

Hi just joined the forum. I’m retired and have homes in UK and PO. I move between the two as and when I want to. Been here since 2013. Does anyone know if I’m eligible for a resident cds? I live here in PO around 6-7 months in total at the moment, pay my taxe foncière and taxe d’habitation. Have got electric bills water bills and telephone/internet bills as well as gym membership. So I’m resident here just have lots of holidays. Any help would be welcome.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Carte de séjour

Post by opas »

You can apply. At the prefecture online. But you have to do all tax declarations here to be resident.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
Helen
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Helen »

Where do you pay your income tax? France or UK?

This article spells out (at the moment! - not post Brexit) what should happen if you spend more than half a year in France

https://www.blevinsfranks.com/news/blev ... plications

My understanding is that unless you've been fiscally resident in France you are not eligible to apply for a CDS
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Helen's link should help. For information on cartes de sejour (before Brexit) try this link;
http://66.accueil-etrangers.gouv.fr/dem ... e-de-l-ue/

As I understand it, if you spend more than half the year in France you are considered to be resident here and of course you are obliged to pay your impots sur revenue (in come tax) here rather than in the UK.

Russell
Florence
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Florence »

Post brexit you will only be allowed to stay for 90 days in any 180 days. For a carte de séjour you need to be fiscally resident. You will also need proof of income and health insurance.
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Florence wrote: Mon 25 Mar 2019 21:00 Post brexit you will only be allowed to stay for 90 days in any 180 days.
That depends on what form Brexit takes and what is agreed thereafter.

Russell