Dentist in Spain

Health questions, information, advice, French health system, mutuels....

Moderator: Moderators

Pearsonb
Rank 4
Rank 4

Dentist in Spain

Post by Pearsonb »

A couple of years ago, I had some great dental work done in France. I was really pleased with the results but it cost about 6000 euros. Unfortunately, I now have big problems walking and a year ago I fell over in the street and knocked out and damaged all my teeth. At first I didn't want to get them repaired as I kept falling over. However, I am much steadier on my feet with my new walker and I am ready to take the plunge. Only I am now much poorer than I was and the cost of fixing it all looks to be about 10k with very little back from the Secu.

I have read that the dentists in Figueras are only about half that price. Does anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks.

Pearson
jethro
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by jethro »

Theres a dental clinic in Rosas run by a French dentist whose address is in St. Estève ! His tariffs seem a lot less onerous than the French ones. All of these Spanish, Hungarian and Polish dental clinics ask for a panoramic x-ray of your teeth before they will give you an estimate. You can get this done for about 120 euros, non-reimbursable at the x-ray centre in Argeles. The French secu will pay up for their share of work done in Spain. I know all this because I've been doing the research, but haven't even got round to getting the x-ray done yet.
an' the wun' cried Mary.
jethro
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by jethro »

an' the wun' cried Mary.
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

I would double check for the CPAM part as implants and crowns are very low in reimboursment under the French system . Your link was written in 2014 so prices have probably changed by now. Personally I had a metal crown in 2013 and paid 250 euros out of my pocket and this was done at a dentist in France so might be a good idea to get a quote here first.
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Poland is the place to go apparently. Speaking to someone only the other day....silly prices.
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.