Prescription Drugs Online

Health questions, information, advice, French health system, mutuels....

Moderator: Moderators

Kit
Rank 1
Rank 1

Prescription Drugs Online

Post by Kit »

My wife and I have just moved to live permanently in P-O. In UK we took prescription drugs for high cholesterol and high blood pressure. Our UK stock is nearly depleted.
Does anyone have experience of buying prescription drugs online?

(We are in the process of registering for French healthcare and have visited CPAM and come away with a bunch of forms. However, it will be some weeks before we can get a French prescription after selecting a new doctor.)
tia
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tia »

You can go to a doctor and get a prescription with out a carte vitale . You just pay for everything but will not gett anything back.
If you are waiting until you have a carte vitale it will take more than a few weeks if you have not yet given the paperwork in ( and depending on your situation of course). Wth an S1 it takes at least a month before you even get a reply and if you are lucky to have given in everything then another month to get the carte vitale.
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by martyn94 »

tia wrote:You can go to a doctor and get a prescription with out a carte vitale . You just pay for everything but will not gett anything back.
If you are waiting until you have a carte vitale it will take more than a few weeks if you have not yet given the paperwork in ( and depending on your situation of course). Wth an S1 it takes at least a month before you even get a reply and if you are lucky to have given in everything then another month to get the carte vitale.
Fortunate that tia and I both made the same response to the duplicate posts. I'll take the opportunity to add three things. If you do it the easy way and go to a local doctor, take a pièce d'identité (e.g. your passport) and a box or card of pills from your existing prescriptions: I've never been asked for either here, but I have been in Paris. And ask for three month's worth of pills on the new prescriptions: as tia says, CPAM grinds slowly, but very fine.

And a fourth point for luck: if it would help, someone here can point you to a doctor with some English almost anywhere if you care to ask.
Sue234
Rank 2
Rank 2

Prescription drugs Online

Post by Sue234 »

Hi Kit,

This is a very late reply as I've only just read your post from March this year. If you still want some info on using an online pharmacy, I've used Pharmacy2U, a U.K. online pharmacy, with a prescription from my French doctor. This was for a branded drug I couldn't get here in France . If you still want advice about following this route please pm me and I'll give you more information. If however, you're now happily settled and have your Carte Vitale, I'd like to say welcome to the beautiful P-O and long may you enjoy all it has to offer.

Sue
martyn94
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Prescription drugs Online

Post by martyn94 »

Sue234 wrote:Hi Kit,

This is a very late reply as I've only just read your post from March this year. If you still want some info on using an online pharmacy, I've used Pharmacy2U, a U.K. online pharmacy, with a prescription from my French doctor. This was for a branded drug I couldn't get here in France . If you still want advice about following this route please pm me and I'll give you more information. If however, you're now happily settled and have your Carte Vitale, I'd like to say welcome to the beautiful P-O and long may you enjoy all it has to offer.

Sue

This is not meant to be snarky: it's just that I don't understand. Was your problem that the drug was just not available here at all, or only available here under a different brand name (as happens), or only available as a generic? Or what?