Dentist in Spain

Health questions, information, advice, French health system, mutuels....

Moderator: Moderators

Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Dentist in Spain

Post by Kate »

I had the first stage of a tooth transplant yesterday in Figueres. Large clean clinic in Figs centre, very friendly, mostly women, all very competent, professional - and cheaper than France unless you have a very special mutuelle. Always 2 or 3 in the room at the same time, checking x ray or conferring on treatment. Felt very loved! Swollen gob this morning as has roots pulled out and gums stitched up, and look a bit like Shrek on a good day but so far would deffo recommend for all dental treatment. Several speak English well enough to communicate and some French. PM me if you want more info
Florence
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Florence »

Do they do implants? Any idea how much for one?
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Yes, in fact I meant implant!! :oops: Seems to have come out as transplant!! Must be cos I have a swollen gob! :lol:

Yes, the do everything, but implants and crowns seem to be their speciality.
They are called
VITALDENT
C/NOU nº23 BAJOS
17600 FIGUERES
TEL: 972 514930 e-mail: figueras@vitaldent.com

They will give you a free check up, look at any work that needs doing and give you a no obligation quote.
Implants are still expensive but I needed a bone graft too and the estimate here in France with all the extra stuff I needed was 3700 whereas there is was 2400. Still not cheap but cheap ER.

It also includes free teeth cleaning and mouth hygiene and free check ups for a long as necessary - and other stuff which I havent retained!! :-)
Florence
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Florence »

Thanks
Allan
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Allan »

Any update on this Kate? Was it successful, any problems?

I seem to remember you had an implant in France a few years ago, how did the Spanish one compare?
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Yes, I’m very happy with it so far. Still awaiting the second part as the bone graft had to grow and the next part takes place in October but they were all very efficient, and I plants seem to be their specialty. Having said that, my first implant in France was also well done, but the remboursement, even though we have a pretty good mutuelle, was tiny.