English Speaking Doctor in the Le Boulou Area

Health questions, information, advice, French health system, mutuels....

Moderator: Moderators

Nigel Bright
Rank 3
Rank 3

English Speaking Doctor in the Le Boulou Area

Post by Nigel Bright »

Can anyone recommend an English speaking doctor in the Le Boulou area? Any help will be appreciated.
Brighty
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

I go to Isabelle Rossetti in Maureillas. Absolutely excellent. Lovely lady, thorough, spends time to talk and think things through.... Enough English to manage a consultation though by no means fluent.
I've had several doctors since I moved here (they keep moving away. Hope it's nothing to do with me! :oops: ) but she is by far the best for competency and kindness.
Only problem is that you can have a long wait in the waiting room because she always takes longer with patients than allocated.

Isabelle Rossetti
18 Boulevard Jean Jaurès, 66480 Maureillas-Las-Illas
Téléphone : 04 68 83 06 47
jethro
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by jethro »

One of the unforeseen consequences of women being in the majority among newly-qualified doctors ( and a good thing too ) is that their partners, usually male, cannot find employment when the doctor chooses to go and work in a remote village. Hence the phenomenon of medical deserts forming in rural communities. We are lucky to get a doctor at all, let alone one who can speak English.
an' the wun' cried Mary.
Granger
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: English Speaking Doctor in the Le Boulou Area

Post by Granger »

I had no idea that was a widespread phenomenon. That's unfortunate indeed. Glad we do have a doctor!
These fat burners deal with belly fat very effectively.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

I know the original post was a while back but would highly recommend Dr Isabelle Rossetti in Maureillas. She is kind, competent, thorough and speaks enough English to get by.
https://www.pagesjaunes.fr/pros/55957479
Nigel Bright
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Nigel Bright »

I am resurrecting this post, because I have received the sad news that my existing general practitioner Dr Gohin, who spoke and excellent English and worked from Cabinet 106, Autoport, Le Boulou has had to retire due to ill health.
As my wife and I are temporarily living abroad caring for her mother, I have been unable to find out via the internet or using previous phone numbers, if another doctor has taken over the practice.
If anyone has any information regarding the status of the practice or if they could recommend another English speaking doctor in or near Le Boulou I would appreciate it?
Brighty