Hygene - particularly important now!

Health questions, information, advice, French health system, mutuels....

Moderator: Moderators

russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Hygene - particularly important now!

Post by russell »

On Monday I visited the Super U supermarket in Ille-sur-Tet. I had to use the toilet and went to wash my hands afterwards. There was no soap in either dispenser in the gents so after just using cold water I informed their reception desk. Today I re-visited and checking found that there was still no soap so again went to the desk and was told that someone would attend to it right away. Before leaving the shop 1/2 hour later I checked again - no change.

The advice regarding COVID-19 is to wash hands frequently with soap and water. I would think it is particularly important after pushing trolleys that are handled by everyone.

Russell
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Hygene - particularly important now!

Post by Kate »

I took someone for an appointment at Montpellier CHU last week. Sitting in the corridor with loads of others waiting to see the consultant ( the waiting room was full) I was shocked to see there was no hand wash anywhere and the one loo for the whole corridor was decidedly grubby. (Tho there was soap) If the hospitals can’t provide hand wash.......
russell
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by russell »

Had to visit the Centre de Pneumonology in Perpignan on Tuesday and there was a big bottle of hand sanitiser on the reception counter and a notice asking you to use it both on entering and leaving. So some people are taking notice.

Russell
Merisin
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Merisin »

I visited a health professional in Perpignan this week. The toilet attached to the waiting area had no soap, no towel and no toilet paper!

Merisin
opas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by opas »

Last week I visited someone in clinic at Pierre, hadwash everywhere, so very happy there to wash on entering building, patients room and again on leaving.

But today I have used public toilets 3 times in different places during the day...you know what shocked me...? On the 3 occasions whilst washing my hands after using said loos..ladies walked out of cubicles and directly left the washroom area without even a glance at the sink area! These were in clean public buildings with soap and power dryers...not some cruddy backstreet dive . I have to own up to exclaiming outloud as they exited ..
-----------------------------------------------
Debeneur.
property management, changeovers, garden maintenance, no job too small. Highchair, travelcot, pram hire.
pvtred25
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by pvtred25 »

What I hate are public toilets that do not have automatic faucets. Not that I am a germophobe, but it makes sense to have NO NEED to touch the dirty faucet at all after you have just washed your hands with soap.
Kate
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kate »

Definitely agree there Pvtred - and having to touch a handle to open the door is another problem. In response to Opas above, I am sometimes one of those who doesn't wash my hands as I prefer to get out of the door, and disinfect my hands properly with handwash that I always carry about with me. Different of course if the tap is automatic and door can be opening without touching it.